Sig Sauer P226 Dark Elite Threaded (New To Me)

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P226 Dark Elite Threaded (New To Me) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gents, I thought I would share my latest pickup and hopefully some of you guys will enjoy the pics. So I just saw this Sig ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 Dark Elite Threaded (New To Me)

VIP Member

Sig Sauer P226 Dark Elite Threaded (New To Me)

Gents,

I thought I would share my latest pickup and hopefully some of you guys will enjoy the pics. So I just saw this Sig and frankly had to get it. She shoots like a dream and may be one of the best shooting handguns I have owned right out of the box. This rig has a fantastic trigger as the Elite comes with the "Short Reset Trigger" that rivals my 1911's. Accuracy is superb and shocked me as this may be because of the sweet trigger and the barrel length. Here in Washington we just got the ability to own and SHOOT cans (silencers) and this bad boy is ready to rock. I have to say that I love the beaver tail and the adjustable night sights as well. I would think 1911 lovers would gravitate towards these types of Sigs as they tend to have a similar grip angle and trigger.

Sorry for the oil on the gun in the pic.
    21bubba, WHEC724, smolck and 1 others like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

I picked up a 229 E2 last spring. I know what you mean about the SRT. Outstanding pistols. Congrats on a very fine addition

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I picked up a 229 E2 last spring. I know what you mean about the SRT. Outstanding pistols. Congrats on a very fine addition
    To me it kind of feels like shooting a high capacity 1911.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    When my brother died recently I became the owner of his P226 E2 and P229. They are two of the best handguns I have ever shot!

I know you will enjoy yours! Congrats on the new addition!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Make sure the set screw in the rear sight is tight and a dab of sticky stuff would help. Sig had issues with the screw backing out and the sight changing or falling off. Nice piece by the way.

eb
    Nice find, I like it!

Most excellent! Enjoy!
    Question Everything!

I was looking at that the other night online. Is it DA/SA?

Very nice!
    Nice photo too.
    I've never shot a Sig's 'short reset trigger.'
    Any details you can give us beyond its short reset?
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Very nice!
    Nice photo too.
    I've never shot a Sig's 'short reset trigger.'
    Any details you can give us beyond its short reset?
    So the trigger is indeed SA/DA. The DA trigger pull is a smooth 10.lbs and the SA trigger pull is about 4.4.lbs. I actually really like a DA/SA trigger pull, you will hear people say that it's not consistent, but it does not effect me at all. If you wanted you could just holster is cocked and have it be consistent in SA like a 1911.

Sig engineers designed this trigger to have a 60% shorter reset for a faster return and surgical control during high speed shooting. This really shined when I shot some reactive steel at the range. I would frequently pull off multiple three shot strings and was hitting those strings from 25 yards on in. Believe me reactive steel will challenge even the best shooters as you can't just sit there and take forever to aim because the targets pop up and down. I would say that my hit ratio was about 95%. Do I think this was all magically the Sig? No, but it sure does help a LOT.

This trigger is so good compared to a standard P226, that if I had the original I would send it in to have the SRT package installed. I realize this firearm is not for everyone as the cost is up there, but let me tell you this gun has soul. I am to a point that I have all my carry needs and so I now can be a little more thoughtful and targeted in my gun collecting. It really reminds me of the feeling I get picking up a nice 1911, or revolver as you can just feel the quality and details. From the aluminum grips, to the checking of the trigger and front strap it's pretty sweet.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Very nice pistol. I have heard rather unflattering things about the durability of the SIG factory adjustable sights, so you may want to give them a little extra attention as you get some rounds downrange through your new toy...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Very nice pistol. I have heard rather unflattering things about the durability of the SIG factory adjustable sights, so you may want to give them a little extra attention as you get some rounds downrange through your new toy...
    I checked the little set screws on the adjustable sights. I backed them out and put a little lock tight on there. They were in there pretty good and didn't feel loose at all, but now they are not going anywhere.

Does the Elite / Elite Dark have the E2 reduced-circumference grip?

Great pics! I'm considering guns in this line, but I wasn't sure if Sig is putting the reduced-circumference grip on the Elite models. I know they have the short-reset trigger, but didn't know if the other E2 features were included as well, especially since the Elite models have alloy grips.

Thanks,

Josh

ooooooooo pretty!
    United States Air Force Security Forces Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran, now a college student.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws4096 View Post
    Great pics! I'm considering guns in this line, but I wasn't sure if Sig is putting the reduced-circumference grip on the Elite models. I know they have the short-reset trigger, but didn't know if the other E2 features were included as well, especially since the Elite models have alloy grips.

Thanks,

Josh
    Josh,

Actually the Elite Dark's come with the reduced size Aluminum grips. These grips are fantastic as they are made from high grade Aluminum billet, but spendy! Typically I see a pair go for about 180.00. You can buy an E2 kit for 60-90.00 bucks if you want the polymer. Frankly the original P226 grips and even the beautiful rosewood grips are too fat for me. The Aluminum and the E2 grips fit my hands way better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links