Glock 36 range report

This is a discussion on Glock 36 range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to run 100 rounds through my new G36 today. The recoil wasn't nearly what I anticipated. Very managable. Nice shooting handgun. I was ...

Thread: Glock 36 range report

Glock 36 range report

I got to run 100 rounds through my new G36 today. The recoil wasn't nearly what I anticipated. Very managable. Nice shooting handgun. I was hitting a little low and left at first, but I got the low part worked out. Towards the end, I was hitting just a couple inches left. I think if I give it a little time and effort, it will be just fine. It ran perfectly, no issues. I'm not as accurate with it as my others, but I've got a lot more rounds through them too. It will take me a little time to get used to it, but I really like it. I shoot it much better than the G30 I had and it carries much easier. I'm really glad I traded for this one...I think its a keeper.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Glad you like it~
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I had said I was getting out of .45. I had a G30, but it was too thick. I had a RIA 1911, and I just didn't like carrying it. I bought a Taurus PT845, and I liked the gun, but it was just too big for my needs.

So, today, I traded the PT845 (plus a couple bills) for a new Glock 36
    You sure your really going to keep this one right??? Sorry couldn't help myself. I really like my G36 also (though I will never give up my 1911's), and hopefully your search for a 45 is now over.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

I have noticed that the G36's recoil is not a real issue for me ether.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    You sure your really going to keep this one right??? Sorry couldn't help myself. I really like my G36 also (though I will never give up my 1911's), and hopefully your search for a 45 is now over.
    Well, it has a lot of things going for it that the others didn't. Size, weight, shootability, and somewhat better initial accuracy. I wasn't willing to invest the time and ammo into some of the others after I saw I wouldn't carry them or didn't like something about them. This one, I like it enough out of the gate to invest that time and ammo to become proficient with it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    The G36 is a great pistol, I love mine. I found the left shooting problem as well BugDude. My solution was to place less of my finger on the trigger - just the pad really, and that moved the groups to the center of the target. Great pistol, glad you are happy with it.

I KNEW that you'd like...

With CC only here in FL, you'll also appreciate it's size.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    As with any gun, train, train, train. You will get it figured out pretty quick.

I just got back from the range, myself. Shot my G36. I put another 40 flawless rounds down range. We did a little point shooting work today. What a joy to shoot!

(I have to admit that I am just a little bit better point shooting the G36 than I am with my EDC (Sig P220 SAO).)

Keep working at it and it will all come together, and when it does, you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Links