New Carry Gun: Kimber Solo

This is a discussion on New Carry Gun: Kimber Solo within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While were at it who's grip do you have on that solo?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Carry Gun: Kimber Solo

While were at it who's grip do you have on that solo?

2. Remove Ads

SGM Grips Mike is a good guy. SGMGrips.com -
    The magazine extension is actually left over parts from my Kimber Ultra mags I filed down one of the mag base plates on the sides to fit the narrower Solo specs, they are almost identical in every other way, I screwed on the extension and you see the result. Fits my hand well, When I carry it, I carry IWB so the grip length is no matter. I have had carpal tunnel surg, my hands are not what they used to be so I appreciate all the grip I can get.

Good luck, what ever you shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by gooddog View Post
    What kind of extended magazine is that? Looks like a good fit.
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

Thanks for the reply, i already have a pair of rosewood grips from Mike but i think yours look much better.He does make a nice grip for that gun but i wonder if he does a flat version like the stock grips.Thanks for the reply.

VIP Member
    It looks like youre initial test fires have been successful. I'd say you've got a keeper.

I remember when PPS and LCP first came out, there was quite a bit of "Internet apprehension"

Good luck and most important, YOU like it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    It looks like youre initial test fires have been successful. I'd say you've got a keeper.

I remember when PPS and LCP first came out, there was quite a bit of "Internet apprehension"

Good luck and most important, YOU like it.
    You are correct, sir. People also LOVE to cut down the big-name gun manufacturers whenever they can.

I hope the good reports keep coming because I've had my eye on one since they came out. Just the size I'm looking for and great lookin' to boot.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

a kimber sucker born every minute.

And I reckon a troll was born here a little while ago too!
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

KDV
    Congrats on your Solo and thanks for the update!
    The perpetual changes which have been rung upon the wealthy, the well-born, and the great, have been such as to inspire the disgust of all sensible men.
    Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers No. 85

Went out last night and put another 75-100 rounds through my Solo. Used 115, 124 and 147 grain without any problems. Also have been keeping my clips filled with 6 rounds to loosen the spring and it took care of my problem. I can now carry six rounds and chamber the first without a problem.

Very nice gun, saw one at a recent Gun Show!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Congrats on your SOLO. I lucked into one at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. Unfired in the box. Guy had it on order for several months and bought a Kahr in the interim. Read some of the Kimber bashing and decided to keep the Kahr and sell the Kimber. I needed one to fill orders for holsters so I jumped on it at MSRP. Just had to shoot it. I like this gun and it may become my EDC. A couple hundred rounds of various ammo down range and no problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links