Kimber Ultra Carry and +p ammo

This is a discussion on Kimber Ultra Carry and +p ammo within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone tell me if Kimber can handle the 230gr +p ammo. I figure it can but just wanna make sure. I figure since I'll ...

Thread: Kimber Ultra Carry and +p ammo

Kimber Ultra Carry and +p ammo

Can anyone tell me if Kimber can handle the 230gr +p ammo. I figure it can but just wanna make sure. I figure since I'll be shooting it out of a 3" barrel I'll need the +p to make up for the loss of velocity from the short barrel. Or is my thinking wrong on this? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Kimber can handle the 230gr +p ammo. I figure it can but just wanna make sure. I figure since I'll be shooting it out of a 3" barrel I'll need the +p to make up for the loss of velocity from the short barrel. Or is my thinking wrong on this? Thanks
    Kimber doesn't say in their manual and they also recommend ball ammo for best performance, although I've not had a problem with mine feeding hollow points. I'm sure it can probably handle it although the gun will probably wear faster. I don't use it in mine. The standard 230 grain .45 ACP is stout enough for me.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Links