TFOs or Trijicon HDs for XDM

This is a discussion on TFOs or Trijicon HDs for XDM within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Competition and carry gun. TFOs seem to have an iffy reputation for breakage and dulling of brightness due to solvent and oil. But they sure ...

Thread: TFOs or Trijicon HDs for XDM

TFOs or Trijicon HDs for XDM

Competition and carry gun. TFOs seem to have an iffy reputation for breakage and dulling of brightness due to solvent and oil. But they sure look good. Trijicons seem tougher, and the front sight on the HD looks plenty bright enough for competition. Anyone with experience with either of these sights, let me know what you think. Slide is headed in at some point this week.

2. Remove Ads

All I can tell you is that the Trijicons on my M&PC 9mm shine on all night long and are great at the range: I'm really glad I replaced the original sights. Good luck!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have TFOs on all my Glocks and have installed a bunch for customers with only one failure. One side of a rear sight died and Tru Glo replaced it free. Never seen one fail in use, The failed one was defective, it was dead in the package.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I have the TFOs on all my Glocks and LOVE them.. Wish they made they for my CZs
    02PSD4ME

All but one of my Glocks, and my Ruger have Trijs...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I have a TFO front and Trijicon tritium rear on my Sig P229. I like the contrast between the large front and smaller rear dots as well as the front being bright in both daylight, low and no light. Tritium will only show up in low to no light. I also prefer white rings around the tritium vials, some do not have this feature. I haven't had any issues with the TFO at all. I run all Trijicon on my XD Service and while they work I miss the bright fiber optic I run on the Sig.

My new Springfield Armory 1911 came with Trijicon night sights. In the dark, I can see where the gun is located from across the room since the glow is sooo bright. I was so very impressed that I just had my SA XD sub compact 9mm fitted with the same sights. (just picked it up this AM) Even during the day, the white ring around the sites is crystal clear for daytime aiming. No clue on their longevity since they are brand new.
    Carpe Diem

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    My new Springfield Armory 1911 came with Trijicon night sights. In the dark, I can see where the gun is located from across the room since the glow is sooo bright. I was so very impressed that I just had my SA XD sub compact 9mm fitted with the same sights. (just picked it up this AM) Even during the day, the white ring around the sites is crystal clear for daytime aiming. No clue on their longevity since they are brand new.
    They will go for around 10 - 12 years before needing replacement vials, they will start to grow dim around that time. Welcome to the forum fellow Virginian.

Links