Glock 36 vs. Glock 30SF - Page 2

Glock 36 vs. Glock 30SF

This is a discussion on Glock 36 vs. Glock 30SF within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Glock 36 carries much easier more comforcable than a Glock 30. If you like carrying a 19 or 23 you will love a 36..Get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 36 vs. Glock 30SF

The Glock 36 carries much easier more comforcable than a Glock 30. If you like carrying a 19 or 23 you will love a 36..Get one.

I keep thinking about getting a .45, and the G30 and G36 are at the top of the list. My problem is, I keep comparing them to my G19...negligible size difference, but the G19 has waaay more capacity, and I shoot the thing stupid fast, and accurately. So...why bother with a .45? Money is tight, so "just because I want one" is not a valid answer.

Ah well...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have both, the the G-36 is my EDC.
    You have to pick one up to feel the difference (36)...IT WILL start calling out your name.
    The reason I ever considered a Glock 36 as my EDC is all the post you have posted in favor of the G36.

The G36 has won me over and is now my EDC which I am proud of, and feel right and shoot right for me.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    It is getting to the point where this forum is costing me too much money.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

RKM
    I carry a G30SF. Friend has a G36. On paper the difference in thinness doesn't seem like much. But IWB, it makes an insane amount of difference in the way it feels. With that said............. I'll stick to my G30SF. I'm used to the thickness. It's still not heavy in comparison to most .45's it's size and it's capacity compared to other .45's is size is better. The G30SF is the winner IMO, if you can deal with it's girth.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    It is getting to the point where this forum is costing me too much money.
    I know what you mean. I haven't been on here much lately because we were busy moving and getting settled, etc. But I have been reading the forum more often the last couple days and here I find myself wanting a .45 ACP Glock. I know exactly what you mean.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I have both. The 36 is a lot more comfortable to carry IWB. The 30 is a sweet shooter, but IMO the recoil of the 36 is not much more than the 30. After carrying my 30 IWB for 8 hours, it became a bit of a pain. I can carry my 36 for 16+ hours w/ no issues at all.

If capacity really concerns you, carry 1 or 2 spare mags.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I have both. The 36 is a lot more comfortable to carry IWB. The 30 is a sweet shooter, but IMO the recoil of the 36 is not much more than the 30. After carrying my 30 IWB for 8 hours, it became a bit of a pain. I can carry my 36 for 16+ hours w/ no issues at all.

If capacity really concerns you, carry 1 or 2 spare mags.
    G 36...Bingo...We have a winner.............+1

I've had 2 G-30's and 2 G-36's. I sold the 30's, I still carry the 36's, The 36's feel much better in my hand's than the 30's
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

I have several Glocks and as for my 45's my favorite is definitely the model 36. I find the full size 21 just too big to be practical for anything more than a home gun. The model 30 is just a smaller version of the 21 and not comfortable to carry. The 36 has the same look and feel of my favorite 9mm the Model 19. I also have a Model 26 in 9mm, which is smaller, but much harder to shoot accurately. I don't like the 26, my wife doesn't like the 26 and no body that has shot several of my other Glocks like the 26. Everyone goes for the 36 or the 19. As far as more recoil in the 36, it's nothing that you would notice, but it is a .45. If recoil is a problem then go with the 19.

I couldn't decide so I ended up with both. I carry the 36 if I have to IWB, belt carry its the 30. Go ahead and get the 21 too because if you get a 45 Glock you will end up with all of them.
    azchevy likes this.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links