Question about XD(m) compact, G26, M&p9c grip sizes

This is a discussion on Question about XD(m) compact, G26, M&p9c grip sizes within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking between one of these as a carry gun and wonder about the grip thickness/bulkiness. I have medium/med-small length hands (but not thick or ...

Thread: Question about XD(m) compact, G26, M&p9c grip sizes

Question about XD(m) compact, G26, M&p9c grip sizes

I'm looking between one of these as a carry gun and wonder about the grip thickness/bulkiness. I have medium/med-small length hands (but not thick or stubby hands). I have tiny kahr p380 that I don't seem to have trouble getting a decent grip (and the 7round mag with finger extension is a breeze to shoot). Compared to my kahr, they all seem a bit big. My question is, with the small backstraps in place, how do the various grips compare. Also, while we are on the subject, how carry-able are the different models. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

To me the Glock 26 is the easiest to carry of the ones you mentioned. I mostly carry a Ruger LCR or a Kahr PM9. I have a Glock 26, Glock 19, and an XD9sc. Out of the the Glocks and XD's, the G26 is the easiest to carry. Yeah a little thicker than a Kahr, but 10 rounds also. Try one out.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Truly, how the grip compares is irrelevant. Everyone here will give you an opinion, but the only one that really matters is yours. Try them all out and see how they feel. Go with the one that feels the best.

FYI, I am a Glock guy, so I know which one you will like.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    The Glock 26 in my opinion is the best and easiest to carry. It also shoots like a larger pistol and it has a larger capacity. I bought 2 extra 12 round magazines, but you can fit much larger ones for HD if you want.

Glock-26 of your choices...thickness given on paper means nothing.
    How does it feel in your hand?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    ...thickness given on paper means nothing.
    How does it feel in your hand?
    Agreed 100%.

You owe it to yourself to get down to a well-stocked local gun-store, and at least put the pistols in your hands, KSP.

Better yet, you'll spend the money to rent these guns, and put at least 50 rounds or so (each gun) downrange, to see which one you really like better.

That first part of it, getting to the LGS to get your hands on the gun: that's like going to the car-show or the showroom to sit in the cars.

The second part, where you rent the guns and shoot them at the range? That's the test-drive.

You're going to be trusting your life to this firearm - don't you owe it to yourself to make sure?

I've only been in this community for about a year, but the one thing that I've learned through participating is that "concealed carry" depends a lot on each unique person's anatomic build, personal preferences, clothing, and a whole other bunch of intangibles.

Get out there and actually put the guns in your hand, you won't regret the time (and money, for the rentals, rounds, and range time) you've spent.

I had a Glock 26 and now own an XD. The XD grip feels thinner to me.

I carry all three, but the G26 is the easiest, the M&P 2nd, and the XD 9SC ususally rides under a jacket in a Fobus OWB holster....definitely the thickest of the three.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links