has there been a size comparison done on a sig P239 vs a M&P9c?

This is a discussion on has there been a size comparison done on a sig P239 vs a M&P9c? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; if so can someone link me? thanks!...

Thread: has there been a size comparison done on a sig P239 vs a M&P9c?

has there been a size comparison done on a sig P239 vs a M&P9c?

if so can someone link me? thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Sig 239 / M&P 9c
    Barrel Length - 3.6" / 3.5"
    Overall Length - 6.6" / 6.7"
    Overall Width - 1.2" / 1.2"
    Overall Height - 5.1" / 4.3"
    Capacity - 8rds / 12rds (17 rds with full size mags)
    Weight w/ Empty Mag - 21.5oz / 24.2oz

I own a Sig P6 (precursor to the 239) and an M&P40c. The M&P is easier to conceal, has better capacity, can use the full size mags to further expand capacity, is less expensive & is lighter, but the 239 is definitely a very nice weapon.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I have shot the M&P9c and the Sig 239,all the height weight length dimensions can be somewhat misleading,I have held and shot both weapons,the Sig in the last couple weeks,the Sig IMHO is smaller lighter and more easily concealed,but you are also comparing a 9mm to a 380,the slide was extremely easy to rack versus a 9mm due to stiffer recoil spring in the 9mm.IMHO you could pocket carry the 239 but the M&P would print
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I own a 239, have only held an M&P9c, but it definitely feeler chunkier and more "glock-like" than the 239. Less capacity in the 239, but its a metal frame vs. the M&P's polymer. Excellent trigger in the 239. BTW, dukalmighty, you are thinking of the Sig 238 in 380. The 239 is a little big for pocket carry, but then again, I am sure there are some who do.

Hey duk, are you meaning the 238?

The 239 can be had in 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40 S&W, and is a much larger pistol. I may be wrong, though. I'm gonna hop on over to Sig's website and double check
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    I carry a 239 SAS fairly often. It is not a light pistol for it's type, by any means, and it is beaten in capacity by several other pistols at the same size/weight point. That said, it is extremely accurate, soft shooting, and just feels perfect in my hand. Doesn't hurt that I carry a 228 when I'm not carrying the 239, either. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have shot the M&P9c and the Sig 239,all the height weight length dimensions can be somewhat misleading,I have held and shot both weapons,the Sig in the last couple weeks,the Sig IMHO is smaller lighter and more easily concealed,but you are also comparing a 9mm to a 380,the slide was extremely easy to rack versus a 9mm due to stiffer recoil spring in the 9mm.IMHO you could pocket carry the 239 but the M&P would print
    I was asking about the 9mm p239 not the 380 238 ...

Links