Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol - Page 2

Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol

This is a discussion on Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We just received the CZ 2075 RAMI. It is a GREAT shooter! See here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-now-pics.html It was VERY worth the money. The 2075 Rami comes ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol

We just received the CZ 2075 RAMI. It is a GREAT shooter!

See here: It came it came it came!!! - NOW WITH PICS

It was VERY worth the money. The 2075 Rami comes in 3 flavors, the standard, the P (polymer) and the BD (Built-in Decocker). The P is the easiest to find. The BD is the hardest to find (took about 4 months from order to receipt). The BD comes with night sights standard, has a 10 or 14 rd mag capacity, and runs a few bucks more than the others.

Aside from the wait, it has been an outstanding decision. We bought the weapon as a CC weapon for when my wife gets her CCW. We are waiting on the class. We shot SEVERAL 9mm weapons before she found one she really liked. That was the Ruger SR9c (I will not buy a Ruger based on past political support on weapon restriction and bans). I set about looking for something similar in shape & feel. I remembered the RAMi and we ran to Cabelas to see if they had one to handle. They had a Polymer. She held it & liked it even more than the Ruger. Got it ordered from a local CZ dealer and then the wait began.

By no means is it a pocket gun! I do like the Double Snap Tuck holster I got for it from Sideguard Holsters. Erik makes a really nice product. Custom accessories are definitely limited for it since it is not of the typical mold.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I gotta ask: What is "combat accuracy" defined?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Bryan, the only one I can think of is being able to place aimed fire on a specific area at an area determined by the user.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    As opposed to "Redneck accuracy", which applies to signs, mailboxes, propane tanks, and hapless varmints that wander into field of view.

VIP Member
    4 inches or under at 25 yards
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

OD*
    I have a friend that has been involved in two shootings resulting in three fatalities, he was asked by Mas Ayoob (they are personal friends), what he thought "combat accuracy" should be, John replied "six inches at six feet" was good enough.
    gunthorp and AZ Hawk like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    The most important factors to me in a concealed carry gun in no particular order are (1) whether or not I can conceal it, (2) trigger pull/reset and (3) reliability.
    For me, if I had to rank them, it would be reliability, concealability, trigger pull, and caliber, in that order.

Hell, do you think anyone carries a Glock for because it's "comfortable?"
    Oh heck no. A Glock makes quite a lump in the belt in an IWB for sure. Neither of mine (19, 26) are any place close to as comfortable to carry as my LCP in a pocket, but I carry a Glock when ever I can conceal it. It may be a lump but it always goes bang.

Fitch
    Last edited by Fitch; October 25th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    M&P9 compact... SMITH AND WESSON
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    IDPA/USPSA or any other shooting sport is as close as you are going to get short of going out looking to force a situation in a bad part of town.

Shot timer, people watching (better shooters than you), multiple targets, varying ranges, restricted hit areas, no-shoots, shooting on the move, use of cover...things you do not experience at a lane shooting range, or even by yourself in an open range. Things you normally focus on during practice go out the window.
    I disagree.

Force on force training is as close as you are going to get to a real SD/combat scenario.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    More often than not acceptable "combat accuracy" is because of the shooter not the gun.
    Ditto. Almost without exception, all major gun makers these days put out accurate pistols and revolvers. It is up to the shooter to put them in some sort of group. The pistol I can perform best with is my Springfield XD .40 sub compact. On the other end of the size scale, my Springfield 1911 works very well for me. Your mileage may vary.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I disagree. Force on force training is as close as you are going to get to a real SD/combat scenario.
    AZ Hawk is spot-on. Static targets don't shoot back.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

If you do not like the Glock or the Springfield you probably will not like my suggestion. I carry the subcompact HK P2000sk chambered in the .357 Sig. Very accurate pistol for it's size. I am quite comfortable with it.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    M&P9 compact... SMITH AND WESSON
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Administrator
    Anything from a reputable maker is going to be "combat accurate". The trick is finding the one you are willing to stick with for the long haul.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you are looking for concealed carry take a look at the Walther PPS, then go the Gunsamerica.com classified and read the article on the first page about the PPS. I have a Glock 26 and there are few people with a concealed carry permit that can hit an 8.5X11 sheet of paper at 50 yards (half a football field) with a Glock 26 much less keep all the rounds on the paper. Most out of the box handguns are doing good to hold a 3" group at 25 yards from a stationary rest much less at 50yards. As far as self defense, most shootings take place under 12 feet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links