Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol

This is a discussion on Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Depends on your definition of combat accurate. Any decent gun will give you combat accuracy, defined as hitting a person 21 feet away....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Most Combat Accurate Sub-Compact Pistol

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Depends on your definition of combat accurate. Any decent gun will give you combat accuracy, defined as hitting a person 21 feet away.
    Hakkaa päälle!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I don't think there is a "most" accurate pistol. I think it is really up to the user and not the gun to be proficient. THe more you practice with the gun, the more accurate you will be.

I find the G26 to be an extremely accurate weapon. The Springfield EMP might also fit the bill but I think its a little heavy.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro is a scary accurate little pistol. Bersa added polyganol rifling to the Pro Series, and they are incredible shooters. First mag out of my UC Pro.......
    one ragged hole at 10 yards. Thought I was missing the target until I realized all the bullets were going into the same hole.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Eaglebeak beat me to it: Comfort in hand should be higher on your list that name brand. If it's not comfortable to hold then it will not be comfortable to shoot. That's just my opinion of course and I am sure people here will say my opinion stinks just like my armpits. Make a list of what you consider to be reliable choices and then go pick them up. i didn't find a gun that felt right in my hands until I was 40 but when I did it was like a natural extension of my entire arm.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Ive always been a fan of CZ PO 7 duty. nice and small with decent capacity and the sights are just awesome... instantaneous target aquisition.

Glock 26 for sure. Go get impressed by looking at the YouTube videos by Hickok45. He does awesome stuff with the 26 and 27.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I disagree.

Force on force training is as close as you are going to get to a real SD/combat scenario.
    sure, but how many average folks have access to force on force training? IDPA/USPSA is very accessible, and probably more training than the average street punk with a gun has (I hope)
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Depends on your definition of combat accurate. Any decent gun will give you combat accuracy, defined as hitting a person 21 feet away.
    So, if it is further than 21 feet, it isn't combat anymore?

twc
    Quote Originally Posted by macg19 View Post
    sure, but how many average folks have access to force on force training? IDPA/USPSA is very accessible, and probably more training than the average street punk with a gun has (I hope)
    I don't think IDPA/USPSA will help at you at all when three dudes are trying to kill your for your wallet. Force on force looks like the best real world training imo.

Go with a Glock 27.
    Worms gotta eat, same as buzzards................

Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    Glock 26 for sure. Go get impressed by looking at the YouTube videos by Hickok45. He does awesome stuff with the 26 and 27.
    Like that ~250 yrd shot with G27

Quote Originally Posted by macg19 View Post
    We all have access to force on force training.

Here is Suarez International's Force on Force training page: Suarez International Force on Force Courses

They do Low Light Force on Force, Force on Force Gunfighting, 0 to 5 Feet Pistol Gunfighting and CQB - Fighting in Structures.

This is only one example of a company? which does Force on Force training for civilians, LE, military, etc. Everything changes when someone is shooting back.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    We all have access to force on force training.

Here is Suarez International's Force on Force training page: Suarez International Force on Force Courses

They do Low Light Force on Force, Force on Force Gunfighting, 0 to 5 Feet Pistol Gunfighting and CQB - Fighting in Structures.

This is only one example of a company? which does Force on Force training for civilians, LE, military, etc. Everything changes when someone is shooting back.
    Amen. FOF training is what it all boils down to. If you take your training seriously, you owe it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Amen. FOF training is what it all boils down to. If you take your training seriously, you owe it to yourself.
    any recommendations in Central Florida?
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links