Wife bought a P238. What a cool pistol it is.

This is a discussion on Wife bought a P238. What a cool pistol it is. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice, wish my wife had that kind of enthusiasm....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wife bought a P238. What a cool pistol it is.

Nice, wish my wife had that kind of enthusiasm.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear67 View Post
    Great story Fitch. My bride of 44 years also carries a 238--I would not let her carry my Colt Mustang, so she bought herself a SIG. It is a quality piece and she is comfortable with it and shoots better than her old man. She carries with 6+1 and has a 7 in reserve. Hers shoots SIG and several Colt magazines without a hick-up.

She has gone off to turn in her payroll this morning and we plan a range trip to the farm this afternoon. Congratulations to her on her new EDC and congratulations to you for holding on to her for 44 years.

Winston Churchill once said "My most significant achievement was convincing my wife to marry me."
    Well done Bear67. On all fronts.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I have two p238 both identical one for carry one for the safe my most carried gun just ahead of a glock 23... depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing

What a great review. I wonder if SIG make this in a 9mm version. I will do a little research on the SIG web site. Thanks again for the great review and photos!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    What a great review. I wonder if SIG make this in a 9mm version. I will do a little research on the SIG web site. Thanks again for the great review and photos!

-- Richard
    Yes! They are. It was announced at the Shot Show 2012. It's the P938. In pictures it looks essentially identical to the P238. Same thickness, same height, same 6 round magazine, slide about 0.4 longer. I'm assuming the grip will be a couple millimeters bigger front to back to make room for the longer cartridge.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Thanks, I found that model P938 also. Enjoy your new SIG!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Outstanding post! Great little gun, aesthetically pleasing to look at, reliable and easy on the operator! Total Win all the way around!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Fitch, thank you for this write up.

Hey Fitch, I know this thread has been around for a while, but I wanted to say thank you for the write up on the Sig P238. I also own one and purchased it for the quality as well as for the size. I carry mine everyday using the DeSantis Nemessis pocket holster or the leather holster by Sig Sauer. I like everything about this gun. I was not sure of the SA cock and lock with one in the chamber but after carrying my P238 everyday for a long time now I am use to it and comfortable with it. I just ordered a Crossbreed Mini Tuck (I had CB for a S&W M&P Shield 9 that I sold to a friend who wanted one and could not wait for them to come in stock). The night sites are very nice and the ability to hit your target and make fairly nice groupings is a plus. I do have a tendency to shoot low with all my hand guns and simply need more practice. I have shared your thread with others who are thinking about the BG380 or the LCP and have encourage them to consider the P238 or P938. I came close to buying the 9mm but decided on the P238 for the size and I own a Sig Pro 40cal which is large and also nice to shoot. Your marriage is encouraging and sounds like you and your bride have a nice life style on the farm with your horses. You are blessed, JC
    Attached Images

Thanks JC.

I liked my bride's P238 so much she told me to get my own. I did. Fantastic little carry gun. I pocket carry it a lot in the summer.

My brother in law has one exactly like yours. He likes it a lot. Carries it pretty much full time.

Fitch

My wife had a 283 also. She had the "Lady" model. She fell in love with the 238 at our local gun store and the "Lady" on the SIG web site. After a great deal of luck at another gun store (From what I understand, the "Lady" is quite rare), she now carries it everyday. Great little pistol. Here's a pic of what her's looks like.

P238-Lady.jpg
    Fitch likes this.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BradL View Post
    My wife had a 283 also. She had the "Lady" model. She fell in love with the 238 at our local gun store and the "Lady" on the SIG web site. After a great deal of luck at another gun store (From what I understand, the "Lady" is quite rare), she now carries it everyday. Great little pistol. Here's a pic of what her's looks like.

P238-Lady.jpg
    Thanks for the picture. I had no idea that model existed. It's really cute. The variety with which SIG manufacturer's the little pistol is incredible. There must be a dozen varients. Maybe more?

Fitch

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Wfe bought a P238. What a cool pistol it is.

Bought the wife one of these two years ago. Loved it but very often the slide would not fully move back into the closed position after firing a shot. Thoughts?
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congrats on a great gun. Been looking for a reason to pick up the the little brother to my P938 also.

Fitch,

What a truly great post!!

My wife also has "weak" hands and she has concerns about sharp recoil, etc. Your comprehensive commentary as well as the photos and your follow-up posts make this one of the very best threads that I have seen.

After I summarized your post to my wife, she did not even want to read it for herself--she wants to make checking out the Sig P238 a top priority. I've got to wonder how many Sig P238's you may have sold with that amazing post.

Thanks again; your post is a fantastic model for those who want to make a great post.

Very Nice enjoy the new tool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links