Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver.

This is a discussion on Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I too switch back and forth between a SA and revolver. It all depends on how I dress. I mostly pocket carry but If I ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I too switch back and forth between a SA and revolver. It all depends on how I dress. I mostly pocket carry but If I could ever figure out how to conceal a G-30sf IWB, It would be my EDC. I'm asking for a Rohrbaugh 9mm for Christmas.
    Magnum likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    I don't hang out in crack houses, biker bars, or strip clubs at 2:00 a.m. The odds of getting into a shooting contest for a civilian in like .00000001% In that small area the odds of needing more than 5-6 rounds is even lower. Even smaller is the odds of finding a BG who has spent more range time, 3 times a month for 43+ years, than I have.
    Nope my J or K can do the job nicely.
    Magnum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I too switch back and forth between a SA and revolver. It all depends on how I dress. I mostly pocket carry but If I could ever figure out how to conceal a G-30sf IWB, It would be my EDC. I'm asking for a Rohrbaugh 9mm for Christmas.
    I conceal a G29 AIWB with no issues... even with an extended mag..... same size as a g30

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    So, you get the adrenaline rush of being in a life threatening situation when shooting tin cans? Your tin cans shoot back? Your tin cans move and duck and find cover? If the answer to any of those questions in "NO" then I am pretty sure comparing your accuracy when shooting at tin cans is not going to be valid measure of your accuracy in a true defensive situation. Even the increase in heart rate from jogging can have DRASTIC effects on accuracy.
    You can create any condition or scenario you want in your mind to think you have all the right questions & answers, nothing new on any gun forum. However, they do not speak for my competency. You can't be sure or pretty sure of anything pertaining to me personally, be it "physical or emotional". You can only project your own inadequacies and doubts "assuming" that I suffer from the same. I'm well aware of my capabilities as stated and I don't feel any need for a defense subject to your imagination. I'm not a keyboard commando, a member of Seal Team Six, SWAT, nor am I a monster hunter, just an everyday life kind of guy proficient in the basic skills needed to live life without interruption from thieves, vagabonds and creatures of the undead.

VIP Member
    I can conceal a regular G30 (no sf) no sweat. Try a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. It holds the gun tight to the body and is tuckable.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    You can create any condition or scenario you want in your mind to think you have all the right questions & answers, nothing new on any gun forum. However, they do not speak for my competency. You can't be sure or pretty sure of anything pertaining to me personally, be it "physical or emotional". You can only project your own inadequacies and doubts "assuming" that I suffer from the same. I'm well aware of my capabilities as stated and I don't feel any need for a defense subject to your imagination. I'm not a keyboard commando, a member of Seal Team Six, SWAT, nor am I a monster hunter, just an everyday life kind of guy proficient in the basic skills needed to live life without interruption from thieves, vagabonds and creatures of the undead.
    I hope you never have to find out (or that none of us do) and that if you do, it all works out as you envision. Good luck mate.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm asking for a Rohrbaugh 9mm for Christmas.
    Assuming there is a Mrs. Santa, treat her real nice. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I don't hang out in crack houses, biker bars, or strip clubs at 2:00 a.m. The odds of getting into a shooting contest for a civilian in like .00000001% In that small area the odds of needing more than 5-6 rounds is even lower. Even smaller is the odds of finding a BG who has spent more range time, 3 times a month for 43+ years, than I have.
    ^This

I have never seen any documented cases of a civilian* SD encounter outside the house requiring more than a couple of shots. Every documented case I've seen when the civilian pulls a weapon, the BD flees. They may fire a shot or two while fleeing, but they never stay around to count how many rounds the civilian is carrying.

If anyone can send me a link to a single story of a SD situation involving an average civilian* CCW outside of their home** running out of ammo or requiring a reload, I'll re-consider my faith in revolvers.

Unless I'm planning on storming a beach in Normandy, 5 shots is plenty for social situations.

*Please note, my definition of an average civilian is a person who is not a LEO, armed guard, jewelry store owner, cash courier, bodyguard, Bruce Willis, person with a stalker, world leader, drug lord or other people in dangerous professions. People in those specific classes may have reason to require higher firepower.

**Home invasion/domestic violence scenarios don't count here as I'm talking about CCW for the average citizen. Inside the home I don't consider to be CCWing, at home one can have an Arsenal big enough to defend the Alamo.
    Magnum likes this.

VIP Member
    Lordhamster, this one doesn't meet your criteria, but makes for an informative read. Newhall massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Lordhamster, this one doesn't meet your criteria, but makes for an informative read. Newhall massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yeah well your mighty autoloader and hicap mags wouldn't have done squat here either..... North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but does make for an informative read.

We can play this game all day

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Yeah well your mighty autoloader and hicap mags wouldn't have done squat here either..... North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but does make for an informative read.

We can play this game all day
    And there is, of course, Miami for the caliber argument.
    azchevy likes this.

VIP Member
    Mike1956 I try to stay away from areas like that a lot.....good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I don't go to Vegas and I don't stake my life on percentages. I carry enough firepower for the worst case scenario, not the least. And if you've been to a large city gun range lately.......da homies are practicing their gun skills a lot, and they can hit what they are shooting at. I think it is pretty naiive to assume any confrontation requiring the use of a firearm, that your opponent will be a lousy shot or that because of your training, you will be better.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

So you carry an ar or ak with full combat load? I mean that is carrying for worst case scenario.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    So you carry an ar or ak with full combat load? I mean that is carrying for worst case scenario.
    Who needs an AK or an AR when one has 100-yard Glocks and all those extra mags?

Links