Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver. - Page 9

Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver.

This is a discussion on Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have never felt under gunned with my J frame S&W 38 ,,,,, if I miss 5 times and have to reload,,,, then Lady Luck ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Who Feels Under Gunned or Out Gunned Carrying a Revolver.

I have never felt under gunned with my J frame S&W 38 ,,,,, if
    I miss 5 times and have to reload,,,, then Lady Luck will definitely
    be with the BG. I shoot mine at different distances but at 5-7 yds
    I would not want me shooting at me ,,,, Lady Luck or NOT being with
    me. My advice is if you have a J frame,,,, shoot it a lot,,,,,,
    practice, practice, practice,,,, it will help get rid of those feeling
    of being under gunned.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    I always felt out gunned when considering a wheel gun for edc.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I carry what I feel I can considering the situation. I have a 638 and a Bodyguard .380 for those times I have to dress so the revolver isn't possible.
    Not a big fan of a .380 as a self defense gun but ask yourself, and be honest, would you want to be shot with a gun, any gun? Practice and be able to hit your target with what ever you carry and you have some level personal defense. Also, be aware of your surroundings and think, what am I getting myself into and not let your ego run your reactions. You may win the fight but lose the war.
    Frank.

I carry one of the best firearms ever made...a S&W Model 19 .357 2.5" loaded with six Remington 125 gr. SJHP +P cartridges. It is very well concealed and rides comfortably in a Kangaroo Carry Air Marshall holster. I get a double tap and head shot X 2!! Enough to spoil any BG's day.
    wmhawth, azchevy and bmcgilvray like this.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

+1 on the Model 19. Just a sweet weapon. SS is nice, but real guns are blue.

OTOH, I usually carry a 638 on my early morning dog walks. After a couple of close encounters of the oinker type (feral hogs) I switched to a 2.5 inch Model 19 for a few weeks and felt like I had a brick on my butt.

I have not felt undergunned carrying my SP101 so far. I practice my draw with it alot, practice reloading, and I'm going for at least 1 range session a month with it. I feel fine, and I don't live in the ghetto so I don't expect to fight my way out of a gang war.

Alot of all this 'under-gunned' stuff is just people focusing their largely unfounded anxiety of the unknown on their chosen weapon, worrying excessively about often far fetched scenarios and 'what ifs' that only serve to feed their anxiety in turn.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    I have not felt undergunned carrying my SP101 so far. I practice my draw with it alot, practice reloading, and I'm going for at least 1 range session a month with it. I feel fine, and I don't live in the ghetto so I don't expect to fight my way out of a gang war.

Alot of all this 'under-gunned' stuff is just people focusing their largely unfounded anxiety of the unknown on their chosen weapon, worrying excessively about often far fetched scenarios and 'what ifs' that only serve to feed their anxiety in turn.
    Amen.
    I hear talk of high cap 9's and 40's and the need for two spare mags a BUG and fighting knife and wonder if I'm nuts for being comfortable with my 5 shot revolver.
    candalos likes this.

There are times when all I can conceal is a 642 and a couple speed strips. I don't feel unarmed by any measure.
    Cory1022 likes this.

I don't feel outgunned at all. The J-frame revolvers conceal really well for me and with some hip problems have become a favorite carry of mine. I am looking into carrying a Ruger Sec 6 .357 mag, and a Glock 36 in a Tommy Theis holster.

Considering a j-frame and 1 reload =10 rounds
    Ruger Sec 6 and 1 reload =12 rounds
    Glock 36 and 1 spare mag =13 rounds

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links