Anyone here own/carry a Bond Arms Derringer? - Page 2

Anyone here own/carry a Bond Arms Derringer?

This is a discussion on Anyone here own/carry a Bond Arms Derringer? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An associate of mine has one in 410 and has offered to let me shoot it; I declined. He jokes that a number of people ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone here own/carry a Bond Arms Derringer?

An associate of mine has one in 410 and has offered to let me shoot it; I declined. He jokes that a number of people have taken him up on the offer and he gives them two rounds and they bring one round back. If you truly want a snake gun carry a 4" barrel .357 model 19 S&W loaded with bird shot. That combination will take out a Texas 6' rattlesnake with one shot. But the best advice is be back in camp before twilight as that is when the majority of snakes come out. If you want to carry for the two legged type snakes there are much better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    I would like to find the story as well. seems intresting.
    Chaplin Tom was with his wife at a mall, leaving in his truck when he was approached by an armed gunman. The gunman opened the truck door and aimed his weapon at Chaplin Tom. However, Chaplin Tom was carrying a Bond Derringer, and as the gunman opened the door, he simply fired at the attacker, hitting him in the face and neck.
    He told the story with care and detail, due to court proceedings, he was asked not to provide some details which I respect.
    He took no pride in killing another person, it was him or Tom.

Let me see if I can find the link somewhere, it was one of the most chilling and honest stories I ever heard.

If you are a member of "thehighroad.org" Try a search there.
    Chaplin Tom may have been there, but I am no longer welcome there, since I disagreed with a moderator. (In a PM, and he banned me for "suicide by mod") Very cowardly, IMO.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    the thing weighs more and ain't much smaller than a S&W 637. If it's a basic woods gun, carry 2 CCI shot shells ahead of three JSP +P's. Much more versatile, and safer to carry/handle.

edit to add... I'm not an owner, but have handled the Bond two banger a time or two at the range.
    Did you miss the fact that you have to cock the trigger to shoot it or move the crossbolt off safe? Next time you handle one, check out its safety features. You will find that it is the most safe gun to carry loose in a pocket or bag. Plus it shoots larger calibers. This is coming from someone who mostly carries a snubnose.
    If everyone had the same opinion, there would be no reason to give one. It is a given that each opinion is believed to be correct. It would be silly to post something you believed to be incorrect. :)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Chaplin Tom was with his wife at a mall, leaving in his truck when he was approached by an armed gunman. The gunman opened the truck door and aimed his weapon at Chaplin Tom. However, Chaplin Tom was carrying a Bond Derringer, and as the gunman opened the door, he simply fired at the attacker, hitting him in the face and neck.
    He told the story with care and detail, due to court proceedings, he was asked not to provide some details which I respect.
    He took no pride in killing another person, it was him or Tom.

Let me see if I can find the link somewhere, it was one of the most chilling and honest stories I ever heard.

If you are a member of "thehighroad.org" Try a search there.
    Chaplin Tom may have been there, but I am no longer welcome there, since I disagreed with a moderator. (In a PM, and he banned me for "suicide by mod") Very cowardly, IMO.
    I read the original post and the newspaper article that was referenced to back it up. I am convinced that we do not need any of those online Universities that charge money to learn. It seems that many people get their facts or form their opinions by reading the uninformed posts of others. :)
    If everyone had the same opinion, there would be no reason to give one. It is a given that each opinion is believed to be correct. It would be silly to post something you believed to be incorrect. :)

I agree with most of the prior posters. I have a Bond. I have it because I can. It's a fetish gun. Also a work of art, and in 300 years they will be worth a bundle. (As scrap steel.). Truly they are beautiful guns and worth owning just for that.

Every gambler needs one up their sleeve.

Beyond that? If I'm car jacked I'm pretty sure my HK45 to the face will get their attention.

Snakes? Trust me, you can't draw, fire and hit it any faster than you can run! Snake in the wild, leave it alone, how'd you like some ***hole to shoot you while sunning in your own yard? Snake in your yard, get a shovel. Snake in the house? Call animal control.

Seriously though, best snake tool is a stout walking stick. You can whack it out of the way very fast.
    Front Sight Guardian Member
    Carry your spare magazine inside your spare gun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links