you must buy it - Page 2

you must buy it

This is a discussion on you must buy it within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC I must say, its funny to see people who carry a defensive pistol to SAVE their lives put themselves and others ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: you must buy it

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    I must say, its funny to see people who carry a defensive pistol to SAVE their lives put themselves and others at such a RISK by viewing and actively posting on a forum while driving.

I'm not sure, but I'd bet statistically the OP is at a greater risk of dying from a car accident due to distraction then he is at being shot by a criminal.
    You know I bet your right.

There are three different types of folks you may encounter on a forum or blog regardless of the subject:

1) Human behavior often resembles the herd mentality. Others making the same choice as them in some psychological manner validates their rationale and choice.

2) Sometimes, people with vast experience and knowledge are simply stating their experience and opinion based on their experience.

3) Occasionally, you'll encounter a person that is so brand loyal (for one reason or another) that they fervently declare anything else as inadequate and reflects poor judgment of the buyer.

It takes knowledge to distinguish between the various types of folks mentioned above and wisdom to ignore the ones who are irrelevant.
    Magnum, msgt/ret, Warmon and 1 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post
    I personally like it when people don't carry the same pistol I do. It basically means more for me.
    more what?
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

SIG snobs.....much worse than any Jehovah Witness at your door, or even a persistent Amway salesman.

"Mine is the most expensive, so naturally its better than your gun. You must have one so you too can look down upon the masses of inferior firearm owners the way I do."

BTW, if you get smoked while texting and driving, we're splitting up your HK and Glock.....and I want the HK.....already have a safe full of Glocks.
    shooterX and C hawk Glock like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I had great advice: buy one and use the hell out of it. I chose the Glock platform and will focus on spending the most time with my baby Glock 26.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    SIG snobs.....much worse than any Jehovah Witness at your door, or even a persistent Amway salesman.

"Mine is the most expensive, so naturally its better than your gun. You must have one so you too can look down upon the masses of inferior firearm owners the way I do."

BTW, if you get smoked while texting and driving, we're splitting up your HK and Glock.....and I want the HK.....already have a safe full of Glocks.
    I'll take the Glock. I don't have one yet so it should be good for me.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member
    I prefer the 1911s but if someone wants to downgrade to a Glock that is fine by me after all we each have our preferences.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Each person has to find what fits their purpose and intended use. One size/brand/caliber does not fit all or there would only be one gun on the market. I have many different types, brands, and calibers of handguns and most of them were purpose-driven purchases. Different characteristics to fit different circumstances. Everything from pocket carry to deer hunting. Find something that fits your purpose and needs that works for you and become proficient with it and confident in it. That's all that really matters. Trust me, when the crap hits the fan all you care about is the reliability of the weapon and your ability to use it...the bad guy isn't going to look to see what brand it is before he decides what to do next.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Im regretting to selling my glock 23 a few years ago , I rarely shot it , but in the last year I bought a SW SD 40 and a Glock 22 and I love shooting both , I just shot 1000 rounds through this week and am so psyched to get another 500 rounds in this weekend! Im thinking a G23 might be in the books for me again!

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    .... I met a guy once that was convinced that if you didn't carry a 45, and if that 45 wasn't an XD you might as well have a rock. I don't care much for that attitude....

-Clay
    Clay, you did tell him you can make a holster for that rock, didn't you?

BTW - Still liking the ACE-1 you made for my PX4 Compact.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

I used to be a SIG snob, then I found out that being a Kimber snob was even more nauseating, so I became one of those.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i wonder how bored you will be handcuffed in the back of a cruiser after running gramdma over

just saying...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Why ,what did grandma do?
    bigmacque likes this.

Texting and driving is as bad as if not worse than drinking and driving in regards to reaction time and attentiveness...... you admitted to surfing and driving. So you do the math.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links