you must buy it

This is a discussion on you must buy it within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a fun one. Lets see .... I have a Glock, two S&W's, an HK, a Springfield, a Ruger, a Kahr and an H&R. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: you must buy it

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This is a fun one.

Lets see .... I have a Glock, two S&W's, an HK, a Springfield, a Ruger, a Kahr and an H&R. Plus the Remy and the Mossberg.

What kind of snob does that make? Or am I more like trailer trash? Either way I'm okay with it ....
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I guess I would be called an eclectic gun collector. I have 1 or 2 of most of the brands mentioned on this forum. I have never yet fired a gun before purchasing it. Some I have owned for years and have yet to fire. Many times I buy for the looks, feel in my hand and overall appearance of workmanship and quality. I have been buying from the same LGS, so, many times, I take the advice of the salesperson and defer to their expertise if they try to talk me out of a particular make or model. As a result, I could never be considered snobbish when it comes to gun choices. Lately I have been focusing on CC weapons so my priorities are somewhat different. My #1 goal is to lose 50 lbs. Then I'll have something to be snobbish about.

You will carry a Glock,You will carry a Glock,You will..............................

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    It takes knowledge to distinguish between the various types of folks mentioned above and wisdom to ignore the ones who are irrelevant.
    Agree 100%. Doesn't matter whether your talking about Apple vs. Windows, Toyota vs. Chevrolet, Firefox vs. Chrome, or Glock vs. H&K.

When I ask a question on any website and get several different answers the ones I take the most serious are ones who have solid, verifiable reasons and who can also spell and communicate adequately. When I get somebody with a highly emotional answer, or worse an answer that tries to insult me, somebody who can't write an entire sentence without using at least one curse word, somebody who can't spell or use proper grammar, then those answers go down to the bottom of the list of consideration.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Agree 100%. Doesn't matter whether your talking about Apple vs. Windows, Toyota vs. Chevrolet, Firefox vs. Chrome, or Glock vs. H&K.
    Windows
    Toyota
    Firefox
    Glock

atctimmy likes this.

I'm more of a gun SLOB. I like simple, plain jane, function over form. I'm more utilitarian with regards to purpose, use, and fit. I appreciate really "nice" or fancy guns, I just don't have any. I enjoy looking at everyone else's pictures though.
    bigmacque and zonker1986 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Texting and driving is as bad as if not worse than drinking and driving in regards to reaction time and attentiveness...... you admitted to surfing and driving. So you do the math.
    If texting at a stop light is worse than drinking and driving I will tell my buddies to ditch the pub and let's all get in the car and text at the light for some excitement. Lol... Hey I agree texting while driving is dangerous. No need to get upset. We are on the same page.
    bigmacque and zonker1986 like this.

Carrying a a firearm is a personal decision...it depends on what has worked for you in the past...your hand size, your preference of auto/revolver...your ability...your bank account & just what you plain like...i will never flame anyone for their personal decision on what they want to carry cause it is just that....personal...and guess what?? It is correct for them...

Are we back on the Boxers,Briefs,Speedo,Man Thong topic again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links