you must buy it

This is a discussion on you must buy it within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Isn't it funny how people insist you must use the same firearm they have , and if you do not agree they almost take offense ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: you must buy it

Talking you must buy it

Isn't it funny how people insist you must use the same firearm they have , and if you do not agree they almost take offense to it. I personally like it when people don't carry the same pistol I do. It basically means more for me . There is some real junk out there and there is some really good quality . Cary what you want ,your life only depends on it, and by the way if you don't carry h&k p 30 or a glock 23 your stupid .(laugh out loud )
    Last edited by rockymtnnut; October 27th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
    ccman and Buckj like this.

2. Remove Ads

HUH? what didn't you buy? and what did you buy?

Some folks have a great deal of experience with a variety of sidearms. If so, it's best to give their opinions a bit of serious consideration.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

I was poking fun at all the suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    HUH? what didn't you buy? and what did you buy?
    of what people think you should buyI myself carry aHk p30 and or glock model 23. On the forums a typical question will be asked "which gun should I buy "people get heated at other members if there everyday carry is not mentioned. this post was just for fun .

Perhaps the post would have been a bit more "fun" if it was a bit more decipherable.

sorry I'm using my voice talk on my phone while driving . I know I shouldn't do it while driving but I'm really bored .

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post
    I was poking fun at all the suggestions

of what people think you should buyI myself carry aHk p30 and or glock model 23. On the forums a typical question will be asked "which gun should I buy "people get heated at other members if there everyday carry is not mentioned. this post was just for fun .
    Two fine weapon choices.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Perhaps the post would have been a bit more "fun" if it was a bit more decipherable.
    He's doing the best he can. You need to cut him some slack, just because he carry's a Glock is no reaason to pick on him!!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I really don't care what another person carries, but I do find it interesting the choices different individuals will make......

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post
    sorry I'm using my voice talk on my phone while driving . I know I shouldn't do it while driving but I'm really bored .
    As the sticker on my motorcycle helmet reads: hang up and drive.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    As the sticker on my motorcycle helmet reads: hang up and drive.
    I must say, its funny to see people who carry a defensive pistol to SAVE their lives put themselves and others at such a RISK by viewing and actively posting on a forum while driving.

I'm not sure, but I'd bet statistically the OP is at a greater risk of dying from a car accident due to distraction then he is at being shot by a criminal.

oh I'm really bad on my motorcycle . Tap talking and ridingg is hard to do !

This thread took an interesting turn....
    bigmacque likes this.

Sponsor
    I do agree that it is funny how people try to push their gun of choice on you. I can understand it to an extent, if you are happy with your purchase, you want to encourage your friends and associates to make what you consider to be a good choice. I met a guy once that was convinced that if you didn't carry a 45, and if that 45 wasn't an XD you might as well have a rock. I don't care much for that attitude.

Probably what frustrates me the most is when its people behind the gun counter that have this attitude. There's one store near by that probably sells more Kahr CW9's than any other handgun. This is because its what two of the salesman carry. The best part is they didn't even know that Kahr made the P9. I'm not saying the the Kahr is a bad choice by any means, but I just feel its unfair to new shooters when they are limited by people like this. There are tons of high quality brands out there with exceptional track records.

When people ask me I suggest they buy on features rather than brand (provided its from a known reputable maker).

-Clay

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Guns don't kill . . . people texting while driving do! Sheeez.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links