Defensive Carry banner

Got a new 40 and I like it.

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  matthew03 
#1 ·
I had just got my H&K USPc 45 last week and I fell in love with it. I wanted to try one in 40 so I got a USPc 40 to go along with it. It is just as nice as the 45 and it holds more bullets.I am thinking of making it my carry gun but I really like the 45 also.Both work well with the same holster. So far I have put 400 rounds down the tube and it is the most accurate 40 I have ever shot and as always with H&K's not a hicup.I am very pleased to say the least.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Awesome set of pistols. You can't go wrong carrying either one. I like the .40 round, although I only have 1 pistol chambered in .40 I really like it and shoot it well. It's a XD40sc. HKs have a great reputation and the couple that I have held personally were very impressive weapons.

I've noticed the .40 having more muzzle flip than other calibers, but it is certainly managable and once you are used to the weapon it is hardly noticable. The heavier projectile rounds in .40 seem to me to have a little less perceived muzzle flip than some of the lighter grain ones. Perhaps it is some sort of physics mass/velocity ratio thing...or it could just be my imagination. Either way, I like the .40 round.

#15 ·
I don't like to carry a gun until I'm VERY familiar with it. I traded for a Glock 36 last week and I've only got to put 100 rounds through it. I'm not carrying it until I have a chance to really get comfortable and dialed in with it. I'd like to tap the rear sight to the right a little bit, but from what I understand there is a pusher you should use to do that rather than tap it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.