Ruger LC9 vs Glock 26... Carrying

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 vs Glock 26... Carrying within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is this like comparing comfort to existing? Not sure I follow. Survival is always number one. Comfort? Compare living to the alternative. How simple is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ruger LC9 vs Glock 26... Carrying

Is this like comparing comfort to existing? Not sure I follow. Survival is always number one. Comfort? Compare living to the alternative. How simple is that? Comfort is always nice, but ask our service members overseas about comfort, and I'm sure you'll find many answers that won't even come close to your idea of the word. Definition is key.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Would somebody PLEASE tell me what the problem is with the safety features on the LC9? If you don't like them, DON'T use them! It's a very good EDC with 9mm power and has more in the mag than many other small 9mm's. I just don't get it--- don't mean to start " back & forth", but as a relative newbie to handguns, it confuses me!
    A manual safety is one more thing to go wrong. It's a link in the chain that doesn't need to be there. I want my carry gun to have as few potential points of failure as possible. I don't want any bells and whistles. I only want what absolutely 100 percent HAS to be there to make the gun function. Anything beyond that is a liability.
    Philly Boy and ksblazer like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

FWIW the manual safety on the lc9 can be removed in about 10 minutes. Its very simple and totally reversible.

smallarsenal: Have you ever heard of a BG who, looking at the barrel of the intended victim's gun, has stated:" My, but that is ONE UGLY GUN?" Glock is no more ugly than dozens(or more) good guns out there; so what's more important--- pretty or reliability? IMHO, that is no contest, but to each his own.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Would somebody PLEASE tell me what the problem is with the safety features on the LC9? If you don't like them, DON'T use them! It's a very good EDC with 9mm power and has more in the mag than many other small 9mm's. I just don't get it--- don't mean to start " back & forth", but as a relative newbie to handguns, it confuses me!
    Simple. I don't like it, period. Enough of a reason for me (personally) not to keep the gun. It is totally a personal preference. As for the loaded chamber indicator, theoretically, it is just something else to snag on a draw. The magazine disconnect, ridiculous. The manual safety....could theoretically get nudged "on". Just personal preference, neer said anything was "wrong" with them, just enough reasons for me not to have the gun. I like my Kahr much better, and a more similar manual of arms to my duty weapon.

smallarsenal: Have you ever heard of a BG who, looking at the barrel of the intended victim's gun, has stated:" My, but that is ONE UGLY GUN?" Glock is no more ugly than dozens(or more) good guns out there; so what's more important--- pretty or reliability? IMHO, that is no contest, but to each his own.
    I am not saying a glock is a bad gun i'm just saying it's ugly. I personally don't like them. I think they shoot nice and are reliable but there are others out there that shoot nice, are reliable, and are appealing to me. like you said to each his own. Enjoy your glock it's a good gun but i like my rugers, kimbers, smith and wessons, colts, etc...

This isn't even a serious question in my mind. The Glock 26 is far superior to the Ruger LC9...
    Philly Boy, RTTR84 and ASSA9 like this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

A word about magazine disconnects....I like them. I have not read an account where not having one has saved a users life. Seems many have not been in a tussle over one's sidearm. I have. I am 5'9" 170 and can handle myself fairly well. I was a Deputy for 25 years plus 9 years martial arts training. 13 of those years with a S&W 439 and the other 12 with a GLock 21. I have had bad guys try and take my weapon with both guns. It was nice to know that if I felt the gun was coming out I could hit the mag release and the 439 would be inoperable...the Glock...not so much. FYI my department dictated which guns we Deps could carry.

So I will take my LC9 over any Glock any day any where.

As a side note...when my Dept switched to the Glocks I asked the Range master why...he said cops are no longer the shooters they use to be. We had to go to an idiot proof weapon that will fire if it never gets cleaned or service except the once a year when the range does it. I personally do not want to be lumped in that idealism by my choice.

Sorry if this is in disagreement with you Glock carriers but I simply do not like them.

Quote Originally Posted by kwoodford View Post
    We had to go to an idiot proof weapon that will fire if it never gets cleaned or service except the once a year when the range does it. I personally do not want to be lumped in that idealism by my choice.
    And that's bad how, exactly?
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Uhhhmmm

it will go baahh boooom 99.999999999% of the time with the flick of my booger hooker

it is very very very easy to field strip & maintain

it is very very very durable

it has no unnecessary addendum's < ymwv

and it is very very very cost affective
    can you say Block

back on subject;
    I got a G26 and I very much carry it 80% of the time <mostly in a pocket of my cargo shorts or cargo pants

I was looking at the LC9 to replace my LCP for the other 20% but it has way too many California Addendum's for my dollar < ymwv

I was also looking at the CM9 but it seems those are a 65% miss to a 35% hit on getting a reliable one

I'm waiting for the next upcoming show and will most likely be getting a PF9. For the $$$.$$ you get one hell-of-ah-bang for your buck again < ymwv

I must admit that I do love my LC9 , however time will tell if that is my main ccw . It shoots good , I love the lines , and to me it is an accurate shooting weapon. I will admit that I have a prejudice against blocks , with perhaps the exception of the 26 , which I did consider getting .
    A hand gun is like a fire extinguisher , I wish to use neither, but have both on hand in case of need ; both are personal protection devices that serve the same purpose . ie safety of you and your family.

The magazine disconnect on the LC9 takes 5 minutes to remove. As for the G26, it is still a Glock, square and ugly. As I have stated several times before Glocks are amazingly accurate out of the box. They are reliable, and safe and all those other things that Glock loves to advertise. However, perfection in my opinion is not accurate. Perfection, is their opinion. My idea of perfection is all accuracy, feel, reliability, and beauty. What I mean about beauty is that the guns have lines and curves. Features that the Glock does not. A Glock to me is just a tool. A Ruger to me is more than a tool, it is an extension of my body, and I am just so pretty ya know, lol.
    mauser1959 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I am a Glock fan so I will be very biased. I carry a Glock 26 on occasion. I have no experience with the LC9 but I am not a fan of Ruger due to their political stances during the AWB.

I was interested in the Lc9. Small 9mm. But it didn't feet good in my hand.I could get use to the trigger pull but just felt funny to me. Not much smaller than my Glock but thinner.They are ugly just like my Glock. imo. I shoot my G27 and I'm accurate with it. Gonna try the Nano when the LGS gets them in. Decided to post this since the topic has been put " Off topic" anyways :)
    ASSA9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Uhhhmmm

it will go baahh boooom 99.999999999% of the time with the flick of my booger hooker

it is very very very easy to field strip & maintain

it is very very very durable

it has no unnecessary addendum's < ymwv

and it is very very very cost affective
    can you say Block

< ymwv
    Which gun isn't...at least the ones that have been mentioned in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links