HK P-7 psp

This is a discussion on HK P-7 psp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have one that I use in rotation with my Kahr P9. One is lighter the other is easier to shoot, decisions, decisions. Lately I've ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK P-7 psp

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I have one that I use in rotation with my Kahr P9. One is lighter the other is easier to shoot, decisions, decisions. Lately I've been carrying the PSP since the weather is cooler and I'm wearing heavier clothes.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    I have one that I use in rotation with my Kahr P9. One is lighter the other is easier to shoot, decisions, decisions. Lately I've been carrying the PSP since the weather is cooler and I'm wearing heavier clothes.
    I know which one is easier to shoot.
    JD
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
    Thanks for all the feed back everyone! Other than the weight, I don't think I've ever heard anyone criticize the P7....although some do say it'd be perfect if it was only a .40 or .45 LOL! I also heard that Massad Ayoob had one he used to lend to students in his classes and that it went over 50,000 rounds without being cleaned before it finally malfunctioned. Don't know if that's true or not. I put a $100 pair of walnut Nil grips on mine. Looks and feels so much better than the original black plastic ones.
    If you can ever find one..without paying your arm and leg for it, HK made the P7M10 in 40 S&W
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    If you can ever find one..without paying your arm and leg for it, HK made the P7M10 in 40 S&W
    Generally, though, you do have to pay an arm and a leg for the M10. Also, because of the higher pressure cartridge, HK had to make the slide so much taller and heavier to withstand the added guff of the .40 that the resulting gun lost all of the compact handling qualities that make the 9mm P7 such a joy to carry as an EDC gun. M10's are generally viewed more as collectors pieces these days than as viable carry guns, anyway, at least as I understand it. While the forty may be a step up in power in many platforms, I believe it to be far from ideal in the P7 series. Best,
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydollar View Post
    Generally, though, you do have to pay an arm and a leg for the M10. Also, because of the higher pressure cartridge, HK had to make the slide so much taller and heavier to withstand the added guff of the .40 that the resulting gun lost all of the compact handling qualities that make the 9mm P7 such a joy to carry as an EDC gun. M10's are generally viewed more as collectors pieces these days than as viable carry guns, anyway, at least as I understand it. While the forty may be a step up in power in many platforms, I believe it to be far from ideal in the P7 series. Best,
    JD
    I agree with you 100%. The M10 was/is a lot heavier, an dtaller than the P7 9mm guns. I have 4 of the P7 series, 2 that I bought back in 1980 when they sold for 375.00 I then bought a P7M13 for 550.00 when they first came out, and finally a P7M8 for 650.00 used about 15 Yrs ago. I wouldn't sell em for the world.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I agree with you 100%. The M10 was/is a lot heavier, an dtaller than the P7 9mm guns. I have 4 of the P7 series, 2 that I bought back in 1980 when they sold for 375.00 I then bought a P7M13 for 550.00 when they first came out, and finally a P7M8 for 650.00 used about 15 Yrs ago. I wouldn't sell em for the world.
    I would like to own an M13, but these days you'll pay about four times that $550 for one. Congrats on getting one back when the gettin' wuz good! Best,
    JD

I have a Grade B that I bought for a good price about 5 years ago...inside it's looks more like a Grade A,it only has some finish wear on the plum slide....it's in my carry rotation in a Del Fatti holster...CIMG0074.jpg

I had one that I carried quite a bit but I traded it for my now daily carry gun a H&K USP Compact 45. The only reason I went to the USP was I wanted a light 45 for carry.The P7 was the only way I could afford to get it.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Congrats on the USP .45. Too bad the P7 had to go.....
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I have to say it...

The P7 is one of the UGLIEST handguns I've ever seen, and that's coming from someone who owns an HK P30 and a P2000SK.
    My G30SF is uglier than my HK P7M8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links