HK P-7 psp

HK P-7 psp

This is a discussion on HK P-7 psp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Between my wife and myself, we have way too many handguns including 4 Kimber 1911s, three in .45 and one in 9mm. Lately however, I've ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK P-7 psp

HK P-7 psp

Between my wife and myself, we have way too many handguns including 4 Kimber 1911s, three in .45 and one in 9mm. Lately however, I've been carrying the HK and must admit that it's really growing on me. I had trouble finding a holster for it since it is the psp and there is a slight difference in the trigger guard as opposed to the one imported for civilian consumption. Finally had one custom made and it works great. Just wondering if anyone else likes this pistol as much as I do and if anyone carries it primarily and what your thoughts are about it? Thanks

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The P7 is certainly a world class design, and whereas I don't carry one, it isn't because the gun is flawed certainly. My only complaint is the weight, which isn't all that much, just more than what I prefer. I did give the pistol a test at replacing my CCW, in a Kevin Manley holster. It rode on my belt nicely, tight to the body, but I never really took to it as much as my P2000sk. Hard to beat the reliability of a P7 and it is truely one of the most natural pointers out there. An easy gun to shoot well.

I carry one everyday, either in Matt Del Fatti leather (ISP-LP) or Milt Sparks leather (VM II). I also have the Andrews McDaniel II and the Kramer #3 IWB holster, both of which are fine IWB holsters, as well as the Del Fatti LP-HTL and the Alessi CQ-QS for OWB wear. All of these are fine holsters for what I consider to be the finest concealed carry gun made. Safe, reliable, accurate, compact, slim, flat--I could go on and on and on. Great gun! Enjoy yours, buy a second one for the wife, and check out the Cult of the P7 over on the Park Cities Tactical website--it is the go-to site for all things P7 related. Best,
    JD
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

I have three - two for range work and competition and one for EDC in a High Noon OWB or a Remora IWB. They are an outstanding choice for concealed carry.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

it's only got the world's best trigger ,its also very slim. yeah you could say I love the P7 . try comp tac I just got a hybrid inside the waistband from them FOR MY P30 it's really nice.

does yours get a little hot after extended range sessions?

i wore mine today... they are thin... but heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    i wore mine today... they are thin... but heavy

The P7 is a world class pistol--for heaven's sake, buy some LEATHER for it! Save the kydex for the plastic-coated Tacticool crap.
    JD
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

The P7 is an awesome pistol as its a natural pointer, very thin, super smooth trigger and is extremely accurate.

I miss my grade A P7
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

A P7M8 is in my rotation. It's a favorite. I carry 124gr Gold Dot in it and in the spare mags. I use a Fist IWB and a matching magazine carrier.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Thanks for all the feed back everyone! Other than the weight, I don't think I've ever heard anyone criticize the P7....although some do say it'd be perfect if it was only a .40 or .45 LOL! I also heard that Massad Ayoob had one he used to lend to students in his classes and that it went over 50,000 rounds without being cleaned before it finally malfunctioned. Don't know if that's true or not. I put a $100 pair of walnut Nil grips on mine. Looks and feels so much better than the original black plastic ones.

I liked my first P7 so much I sold both my Glock 19's and bought another P7. I have carried it every day for 3 years.

I have to say it...

The P7 is one of the UGLIEST handguns I've ever seen, and that's coming from someone who owns an HK P30 and a P2000SK.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

The P-7 has an almost cult following.
    I've got one on my "like" list, but I want a P-7 M-8 and they sell for $1300+. No way.
    The original P-7 were known to put out a LOT of heat if shot at the range, and the later versions put a heat shield inside the trigger area.
    There are a ton of nice ones out there, mostly refinished after duty as Euro police guns.
    I don't think the PSP was marked as such since it was the first version, Police Self-loading Pistol.
    Last edited by Guns and more; November 1st, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

I want one someday and yes when I get one it will be part of the CC rotation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links