Bowie Tactical Concepts S&W M&P9c

This is a discussion on Bowie Tactical Concepts S&W M&P9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my gun back from David Bowie. Love the new gun. Made a little video review of it. He says that he makes improvements ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bowie Tactical Concepts S&W M&P9c

Just got my gun back from David Bowie. Love the new gun. Made a little video review of it. He says that he makes improvements on guns to help in real world encounters, to which I agree. The trigger is going to take a bit to get used to, but I really like it.

Mike1956 and QKShooter like this.

VIP Member
    Very nice. I anticipate getting my Glock back from BTC within the next week or so. Thanks for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Very nice. I anticipate getting my Glock back from BTC within the next week or so. Thanks for the video.
    You'll love it - he does great work! What are you getting done to your Glock?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    You'll love it - he does great work! What are you getting done to your Glock?
    The same work you had done on your slide.

VIP Member
    I was talking with David a couple weeks ago. I think his backlog is currently a bit more than 2 months, but the quality of work is outstanding. Innovative ideas well executed for a fighting weapon. My G30 may have to go on vacation and get worked over.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I was talking with David a couple weeks ago. I think his backlog is currently a bit more than 2 months, but the quality of work is outstanding. Innovative ideas well executed for a fighting weapon. My G30 may have to go on vacation and get worked over.
    I am just getting the slide done right now, which he advertises as a 3-4 week wait. It will be a couple months before I will be ready to take one out of the rotation for the extended vacation. I definitely want the chop/reduction as soon as I can do without one for any considerable period.

That pistol looks great. I have a G26 and I've been thinking about sending to TSD Combat Systems for a Trijicon red dot. I haven't seen a lot of pics of any subcompact pistols with dot sights, so I really appreciate your taking the time to make a video.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss9 View Post
    That pistol looks great. I have a G26 and I've been thinking about sending to TSD Combat Systems for a Trijicon red dot. I haven't seen a lot of pics of any subcompact pistols with dot sights, so I really appreciate your taking the time to make a video.
    Here are a couple pics showing the dots. Bowie Tactical Concepts Pictures Page

VIP Member
    Do you know why most people send their firearms to David Bowie in the first place? Ch Ch Changes.........
    bmcgilvray, OD* and QKShooter like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss9 View Post
    I was a little afraid that it would be too big on a compact pistol, but it seems to fit just fine on it. I will say that the sight does cause a little more printing sticking an inch off the top of the gun, but overall not a big deal. I opened carried one night around Walmart and no one even noticed, so I don't think they are going to see a little bulge that they aren't even looking for.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Do you know why most people send their firearms to David Bowie in the first place? Ch Ch Changes.........
    OK, it took me a minute to get it, but I have to tell you, this David Bowie is about as far from Ziggy Stardust as it gets. A BTC-equipped hi-cap Glock would probably be quite handy when battling the Spiders from Mars, tho.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    OK, it took me a minute to get it, but I have to tell you, this David Bowie is about as far from Ziggy Stardust as it gets. A BTC-equipped hi-cap Glock would probably be quite handy when battling the Spiders from Mars, tho.
    I was wondering if anyone out there would get the joke!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

OD*
    I got a big kick out of it.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    I was a little afraid that it would be too big on a compact pistol, but it seems to fit just fine on it. I will say that the sight does cause a little more printing sticking an inch off the top of the gun, but overall not a big deal. I opened carried one night around Walmart and no one even noticed, so I don't think they are going to see a little bulge that they aren't even looking for.
    I am sending my slide down to Gary Brommeland when I get it back so he can make me a Max-Con V IWB for it. Any printing I will get will be on the grip end, and even then should not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I was wondering if anyone out there would get the joke!
    I got it, but I'd imagine that OUR David Bowie is pretty tired of those jokes!!!!!!!!!!
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links