CW40 not to my liking any suggestions on what to replace it with?

This is a discussion on CW40 not to my liking any suggestions on what to replace it with? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; another vote for the Sig P239 in 40 cal. Comfortable to carry, good weight to power ratio, excellent quality and just downright good shooters....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CW40 not to my liking any suggestions on what to replace it with?

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    another vote for the Sig P239 in 40 cal. Comfortable to carry, good weight to power ratio, excellent quality and just downright good shooters.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the input. I think a new gun this weekend and probably the P239

Try some different options (rent, borrow, etc) to avoid another purchase you aren't too happy with. For a double stack 40, I ended up with a Glock 23 and have no complaints. Of course, that doesn't mean you'd be happy with it...
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

XD 40 SC
    Glock 27
    M&P 40C

....or you could step down in caliber to the CW9. Same gun that is totally controllable and a pure pleasure to shoot. Shot mine Thursday night at the range. Its a keeper.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Sorry to hear your not happy with the Kahr, my CW 40 which I have owned for 4 years has been flawless from day one, as has my PM9. Everybody's threshold for recoil is different and I am use to shooting large caliber handguns that start with "4", so its very manageable for me in this platform. If I were you I would step down to a 9mm or get a 40 with a larger and heavier frame to tame the recoil for you.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Bought a SiG p239 in 40 and ordered a Mitch Rosen Holster (express model so I don't have to wait 3 months) so thanks for the input.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Although I am a Kahr fan, of sorts, and do carry a CW9 quite a bit, I was not real enthused with (a friend's) the CW40 that originally got me interested in the Kahr line. I already had the Sig P239 in 40 and felt like I had the compact 40 covered. Still feel that way, and I'll bet you will too

Congrats on your new pistol. Pics? Did you get a SAS in DAK?..or what? I wanted one for the longest time in 357 Sig, but ultimately decided on the Kahr K40...mostly because it was much thinner and could carry it IWB - something I could not pull off with the P239. BTW, you could have got a UBG holster in about three weeks or so.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

definitely a Glock G23RTF....

Steve

I replaced my CW9 with a M&P 9c. I wanted to love my CW9, and I did in the begining but long range sessions were uncomfortable and rubbed my thumg knuckle raw a few times. Oddly enough I find the thicker grip of my M&P and FNP much more comfortable to shoot. So I went ith the M&P compact for a CCW replacement, plus the added rounds (5 extra) to be a bonus.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Quote Originally Posted by kevinars View Post
    I have a CW40 that I find too light to temper recoil and have had a few issues with (like around 5 slide lever spring changes). Light, easy to carry and accurate enough at about 15 yards but it's shootability is not the best. Looking for another choice in 40 preferably maybe a little heavier and better quality any suggestion? What would be the next step up? thanks
    Head over to SIG and shoot their stuff to see what you like.

I got the DA/SA with night sights. I have a couple of other Sigs and felt it was best to keep with a familiar trigger configuration. I wish I would have known about UBG hosters . I checked out there website and they have nice product and I would have liked to help out a fellow "Jarhead".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links