Anyone had any experience with Bersa 9mm mini Thunder

This is a discussion on Anyone had any experience with Bersa 9mm mini Thunder within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is my quandry, my wife wants to upgrade from her .380 to a 9mm but wants an external safety. She deals with the general ...

Thread: Anyone had any experience with Bersa 9mm mini Thunder

Anyone had any experience with Bersa 9mm mini Thunder

Here is my quandry, my wife wants to upgrade from her .380 to a 9mm but wants an external safety. She deals with the general public everyday and will not budge on this issue. I found the mini thunder 9mm and it has an external safety and have heard decent things about Bersa'a .380 thunder, also no revolvers as well. Either I find something she feels comfortable carrying or she will not carry at all,
    HELP!!!
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I would love to get my hands on the 9mm Bersa - but have plenty of experience with the .380 - great and good value gun.

I hardly need say - the gun being DA/SA decock - there really is IMO no bonus at all to using the safety for carry - once gun is chambered and decocked - it is plenty safe - added to which the safeties are notoriously stiff to operate. In a crisis that could be all that is needed to make a disaster.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I bought my wife a Bersa Ultra Compact 9mm in June. She likes it a lot. It is a little bigger than the Bersa .380 that she was carrying. We just got in a 13 round mag for the UC9 this week and have not had a chance to see how it works. My wife especially likes the ambidextrous safety/decocker and slide release. The .380s often have trouble with the decocker being very tight, but the UC9 shows no indication of that at least that is the way I read the posts on Bersa Talk. Here is the thread which I started about the wife's UC9.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=10890

As much as she likes the UC9 it was really her second choice. I could not find a CZ 2075 RAMI at the time I was trying to buy her a pistol. You might want to look at the RAMI. It is a little more expensive than the Bersa, but is a very good pistol.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I LOVE my Ultra Compact 9. I used it to qualify the last time I took the TX concealed carry course, and even the instructor (a retired TX Ranger) was impressed with it.

I've put about 1,500 rds through my UC-9 and have NEVER had a failure of any kind. I've owned it for several years and will put it up against any compact 9 you'll find costing 2 or 3 times the price. Your only problem may be finding one unless you've located one already. Depending on where you live, expect to pay $300+ - $375 (I paid $285 NIB in '04). If she can handle it, the UC-45 is the same price, all accessories fit any model UC gun and and aside from a slightly thicker grip and a barrel/slide that's about 1/3" longer, they are exactly the same.

As has already been mentioned, the bigger caliber Bersa's (9mm, 40 S&W and 45) are NOT the same size and style gun as the 380, so don't make the mistake of thinking the 9's are just a larger version of the 380. I've included a photo of the Bersa's I own for comparison, plus my UC-45 with a few accessories.

BTW, I agree that another good choice is the CZ RAMI. If I didn't already own several compact 9's & 45's already, I'd buy one myself.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by rachilders; August 13th, 2006 at 11:45 PM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

thanks for all the input!!
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

I've been trying to find one also. They are scarce.

bh153dc, I was at the range at exit 53/I-10 last Saturday and they had one in their showcase.
    Life is too short to be serious!

MSGTTBAR, if that is your HI-Point I would love to hear a range report about it, not to get off subject, sorry. Thanks for the info, will follow up.

Links