Thoughts on the CZ 75 Compact?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the CZ 75 Compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love shooting the CZ 75B (full size) pistol but it's too large for me to carry. Does anyone have experience/thoughts about the CZ 75 ...

Thread: Thoughts on the CZ 75 Compact?

Thoughts on the CZ 75 Compact?

I love shooting the CZ 75B (full size) pistol but it's too large for me to carry. Does anyone have experience/thoughts about the CZ 75 Compact (9mm) for concealed carry? I'd opt to get the one with the safety -- the decocker scares me for CC.

Seems like it's got everything I like about the 75B but in a smaller/lighter frame and CZ gives you a lot of bang for your buck. Is there anything similar to this gun in look, feel, accuracy, and price point?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Smaller than a 75B, but larger than a RAMI.

Why the very safe decocker lever scares you is a real question,
    unless you like to carry cocked and locked.

Look to the lighter PCR if you want a great carry gun, but all CZs in the line
    are great guns.

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by tts View Post
    the decocker scares me for CC...
    Although I prefer carry pistols with no controls, a decocker makes me feel exactly the opposite. Does the thought of carrying a double action revolver scare you? Anyway, the 75 compact is a bit smaller in overall size, but it too is fairly heavy. A good choice for you might be the polymer framed P-07. It is convertible between a decocker and 75B like safety. The part comes with the gun and it isn't hard to make the conversion. The pistol is very accurate and feels much like an HK. It is a better looking gun in person than most pictures of it. With that, the PCR is IMO a better choice for carry due to it's slimmer slide and light weight alloy frame. How do you intend to carry...IWB or OWB?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

CZ 75 compact, PCR, PO7 or PO1 --- shoot them all, pick one and enjoy! I'd go with the PCR.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

clone's count ?? EAA witness steel compact, 45acp ?? or 9mm , 40 or 38 super

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Although I prefer carry pistols with no controls, a decocker makes me feel exactly the opposite. Does the thought of carrying a double action revolver scare you? Anyway, the 75 compact is a bit smaller in overall size, but it too is fairly heavy. A good choice for you might be the polymer framed P-07. It is convertible between a decocker and 75B like safety. The part comes with the gun and it isn't hard to make the conversion. The pistol is very accurate and feels much like an HK. It is a better looking gun in person than most pictures of it. With that, the PCR is IMO a better choice for carry due to it's slimmer slide and light weight alloy frame. How do you intend to carry...IWB or OWB?
    I carry a Glock and a S&W 442 which have an internal safety and are DA, respectively. I suppose that to carry the PCR (w/ a decocker) I should accept (and practice) the first shot being DA.

On the other hand, during a gunfight the first shot is often the most important -- I wouldn't want to be less accurate due to a long trigger pull if I can avoid it. But, I'd also rather keep my toes from getting shot. :D

I'll take a look at the PCR. Also, I'm IWB all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    CZ 75 compact, PCR, PO7 or PO1 --- shoot them all, pick one and enjoy! I'd go with the PCR.
    Sounds like a plan! :D

VIP Member
    Any of the guns mentioned will work well for you. My wife has a 75 Compact that she can drive tacks with. The P-01 was my EDC for several years, until I moved up to .40 cal and went to the P-06. I still carry my P-1 occasionally.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The PCR is a good choice. Easy to conceal, dead nuts accurate, reliable.
    What's not to like?

Had one with the de-cocker and it was my best pistol from an accuracy standpoint and easy to conceal carry. I'd go slim grips though. Only thing I hated was the trigger pull in full DA mode. But once it was in SA, boy she was a shooter. I am going to get another one someday.

Links