Help please

This is a discussion on Help please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this is redundant. I work two fulltime jobs . My day job I can carry my G19 no problems as my boss is ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By Ishmael
  • 1 Post By OperatorJ
  • 2 Post By pogo2

Thread: Help please

Help please

I know this is redundant. I work two fulltime jobs . My day job I can carry my G19 no problems as my boss is fine with it. My evening Job is for a huge company that I am not permited to carry and I refuse to put my life at risk if ever an employee cookoff happens! so very deep conceilement is needed. I only have 500.00 dollars available , my friend has a FFL so All I have to do is pay shipping. soo 500.00 with FFL discount should help a bit. My choices are or thoughts on A good reliable very CONCEALABLE little gun are ...LCR 357 mag ,Kahr cm9, would love to carry G26 but a wee bit big for IWB tee- shirt carry in a NO carry zone. Any help on any of these guns would be appreciated.Thanks P.S nothing smaller than a 9mm

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'd go with a J Frame or the Kahr CM or PM9. You should have enough left over for some very concealable holster options.
    RockStrongo and tts like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

First, my recommendation is that you follow the law and your employer's regulations. If you work two jobs, you clearly need the money. Have you considered how being fired for having a gun would affect your future employability? Also, I know that, from the news, it can seem like incidents like "an employee cookoff" happen a lot, but in a country of 300 million people, they are vanishingly rare—rare enough that, in a case like yours, it might make more sense to take a slight chance and just carry OC/good flashlight/impact weapon (again, in compliance with state law and/or company regs, of course). And finally, I assume you have double checked Montana state law concerning whether your place of work is a "prohibited place," or whether you would just be violating company policy if discovered: 45-8-328. Carrying concealed weapon in prohibited place -- penalty.

All of that said: I love my LCR .357, but one concealability issue with a revolver, even a small one, is the thickness of the cylinder. Also, I believe all LCRs ship with the Hogue Tamer grips, but the Boot grip (an additional $30 special ordered) is a little narrower and, perhaps more importantly, not as "sticky," so clothing doesn't catch/bunch up on it as easily.

Finally, if I were in a situation where I wanted truly undetectable concealment, I would use a Smart Carry. Nearly invisible (I would think especially so with the Kahr), immune to "bump frisks," always in your line of sight so you can easily detect printing, but in a location where almost no one except a professional with reason to be looking would detect printing in the first place. It's a little slower to get to (although look for videos on Youtube, some people are very fast with their Smart Carries). But if you can just wear a "t shirt" at work, it should be faster for you than if you had a tucked in buttoned shirt or that sort of thing.
    DRM likes this.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Have you considered a pocket auto such as the LCP? Mine goes with me everywhere, no matter what else I'm carrying.

Just re-read your post....Kahr I think would work well.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

VIP Member
    I would never suggest you break an employer's work rule. Having said that, my Glock 19 in a Brommeland Max-Con V conceals just fine everywhere I go, during all my activities, which include bending, driving, reaching, running, bike-riding, farm and lawn work. On my rare suit-and-tie or close quarter festivities, a Kahr PM9 rides un-noticed in its own Max-Con V.

I'll have to throw in another vote for the LCP (or something similar). I carry mine all the time in a cheap $15 pocket holster and no one is the wiser. I've even had people that also carry bet me I wasn't carrying anything on me when I had it in my back pocket (business casual). It's amazingly good & easy to conceal, add a decent slip-on grip & it's not bad to shoot either.

OpJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Diddle likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    IMHO, LCP or S&W J-Frame.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I'm guessing you are set on a 9mm or similar caliber, based on your original post? If you want really concealable, you may have to tolerate a .380 or a .32 caliber.

I am not sure exactly how you have to dress but it is pretty much possible to conceal most of the pocket .380's such as the Ruger LCP and the Taurus TCP under almost any imaginable circumstance. The issue won't be the gun so much as the holster or what manner you choose to conceal it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Thanks gentlemen for all of your advice. great ideas. Well I ordered the LCR 357 and am going to order the smart carry holster to go with it, hopefully works good. as far as concerns about my job I appreciate your respect for employer policies, but ill take my chances. In Montana im not in violation of state law (my main concern)at all, but employers can obviously make there own rules. sooo that being said I can always find another job but I cant find another life. Yes very rare indeed for these murders in the work place to happen but they happen none the less. Im sure these people who were murdered had thought about the same low statistics possibly as well during there lives. Hense the old saying better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. let me know what you think about my LCR357 and smart carry decision, good or bad? too late now I guess. Thanks for your help.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd go with a J Frame or the Kahr CM or PM9. You should have enough left over for some very concealable holster options.
    +1 on the J-frame (S&W 442/642).

Another J frame vote

My most concealable setup is a hammerless J frame airweight (S&W 642, 15 ounces) in an IWB appendix carry holster with boot grips. Any kind of cover garment conceals it, such as a T shirt worn out, sweater vest, sweatshirt, etc. The J frame gives you 5 shots of .38+P for close range use, and appendix carry is a very fast draw, even when seated. It beats pocket carry in this regard. The one physical requirement is that you have a fairly flat stomach and a cover garment with a little "drape" around your middle.

Bark'n and tts like this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Very sweet pogo2.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Get yourself a "Smart Carry" and you can carry that G-19 all day in shorts and a tee shirt. Only you will know it's there.
    Guns Have Only Two Enemies: Rust and Politicians.

J frame in a Smartcarry.... Problem solved.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I carry a Glock 19 all day but one of my friends carries a Ruger LCR in his pocket at his place of work, no one realizes it.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Links