Urgent I Need Advice!!!! - Page 2

Urgent I Need Advice!!!!

This is a discussion on Urgent I Need Advice!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Doc, call the shop and find out whats going on. Until then, carry somehting else. If they say yes its stolen, next call the cops ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent I Need Advice!!!!

Doc, call the shop and find out whats going on. Until then, carry somehting else. If they say yes its stolen, next call the cops and let them know that you are taking the weapon down or willing to meet them at the shop. CYA, and then get your cash back and run.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I recently got a call from a local shop concerning a gun I had bought a couple of years ago. It turns out in an audit of their records they found a mistake they made on the yellow sheet and needed to update the info.

Everything was cool.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Did ths P228 come with a new barrel, and was the previous
    owner named "Paulie" ?

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

My advice is don't worry about it until you talk to the store. Whatever it is, if it was THAT urgent, they would have called back until they reached you or someone would have been knocking on your door by now. It could be a safety or recall situation or something involving paperwork. It might even involve the gun you traded in and he used a poor choice of words when he left the message. Wait until you talk with the shop before you get too worked up over something that may or may not be a problem.

BTW, the store should have a copy of your sale receipt/personal info in their records - how did they know to contact you otherwise - though I'd recommend you locate your copy "just in case". You never know when you'll need it for insurance purposes or some other proof of purchase situation.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    doc i got a call after i bought two or three guns from the shop here at home and it was that they were getting audited buy doj and the proof of iddy i had used wasnt good enough for the gal from doj i had used the invoice i get every month from the state of california for the child suport there mother pays the gal from doj said it wasnt dated so she couldnt acept it as i might not live at the addy any more .what a hoot the states own paper work isnt good enough for the state lmao any way proubably just a papper work thing
    good luck

Wow, did this take off with a lot of wild speculation...my guess is that there is some paperwork matter that it "urgent" to them, but no big deal.

I eagerly await the news of what this urgency is all about, and predict "much ado about nothing"...heh.

As for the advice you are seeking, I say have a beer and enjoy the weekend, then deal with it Monday.

Good luck, Doc.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    Did ths P228 come with a new barrel, and was the previous
    owner named "Paulie" ?
    HAHAHAHA!!!!! I was wondering why the barrel was threaded and the serial numbers were "rubbed off".

Seriously though, I think it is a paperwork problem. I didn't lose sleep over it last night. I did pack my Smithy Model 65 today when I went out though. I will call them tomorrow and then I will post and let you guys know the deal.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; August 13th, 2006 at 09:44 PM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Lead Moderator
    If it was that urgent the PD would be knocking.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I say it's most likely a discrepancy with the s/n in their books. Either way, let us know wassuuuup.
    "I've got a mind like a steel trap... things wander in, and get mangled."
    -Fabbrica d'Armi P. Beretta, dal 1526

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I was going to say that I have to agree with rocky. If it was a stolen gun, you'd have had a visit very quickly by the agency looking for it, however that dosent mean they didnt put it off till monday at 3am with my friends in black (JOKING). Please let us know what it was, I havent ever had a store call me with an urgent message ever.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Another plausible explanation is because the Sig is used. Maybe the previous owner had a change of heart and really wants the gun back and is putting pressure on the gun shop to get in touch with you and try to make a deal .......

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Update

It was much ado about nothing. The shop didn't put my driver's license number on the form and they were audited by the ATF. So no big deal. Went down and made the correction. I got a few boxes of ammo for my trouble.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Good to hear , i kinda figgured it was something with an atf audit and some simple paperwork screwup lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    All the sweating for nuffin. I still like the idea of men in black (or green) visiting at 3am. LOL

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    Call them and find out what they want. Then let us know.
    If you're in the slam, try to send us an E-Mail.

Jungle Work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links