Urgent I Need Advice!!!!

This is a discussion on Urgent I Need Advice!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As many of you guys know I became the proud owner of a used Sig P-228 back in June. This has been my carry piece ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent I Need Advice!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Urgent I Need Advice!!!!

As many of you guys know I became the proud owner of a used Sig P-228 back in June. This has been my carry piece for going on the last two months. Anyway, I just checked my phone messages and the gun shop that I bought it from left me a message telling me that it was urgent that I call them back pertaining to the Sig. Now I have been around guns for 15 years and I have bought and traded quite a few and have never had this happen. Why would they call me back? Could the Sig have been stolen and they are just now figuring that out? I traded a Glock 21 to them and I was the orginal owner so there should be no problem there. I have a squeeky clean background and I have a CC permit. Am I jumping to conclusions???? Anyway they are not open until Monday so now I have to sit on this over the rest of the weekend. All responses would be greatly appreciated.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    No matter what it is , if they are calling you then its thier bad , use that as bankable $$ on the fix , if they sold you a stolen gun , then meekly hand it over to the officers , not the shop , lol but nail the shop for a faverable deal on the replacement lol ..

edited to add , its most likely a paperwork thing such as you abbreviated your state or street on the 4473 form tho , and they got a heads up on a visit from atf , they dont want fined so you need to fix the paperwork .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

It is possible that the gun may have been stolen, obtained illegally by person who traded it in to shop, etc. I can't imagine an urgent phone call because of a recall? Bottom line, as long as you purchased the gun legally and have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Worse case scenario, you have to give the gun up. Sleep tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    As many of you guys know I became the proud owner of a used Sig P-228 back in June. This has been my carry piece for going on the last two months. Anyway, I just checked my phone messages and the gun shop that I bought it from left me a message telling me that it was urgent that I call them back pertaining to the Sig. Now I have been around guns for 15 years and I have bought and traded quite a few and have never had this happen. Why would they call me back? Could the Sig have been stolen and they are just now figuring that out? I traded a Glock 21 to them and I was the orginal owner so there should be no problem there. I have a squeeky clean background and I have a CC permit. Am I jumping to conclusions???? Anyway they are not open until Monday so now I have to sit on this over the rest of the weekend. All responses would be greatly appreciated.
    Poke around on the Sig page and see if there are any recalls or warranty issues that they talk about. That might either give you the answer or take your mind of things for a while

if they sold you a stolen gun they are totally liable-you get all your $ back period!

aj

Assistant Administrator
    The word ''urgent'' does make one wonder - the first thought is a possible stolen gun yes but - not sure the store would contact you on that itself.

I'd like to think it was as simple as they forgot to give you one more mag' that belonged with it!

Hard to think of anything else that would be urgent but do let us know the outcome ....... and hope all is well.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Wow Doc, I hope everything turns out for the better.
    Let us know what happen.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Guys, I think I may have misplaced the receipt. I know, I know....alway keep receipts! Is this going to be a problem if it is stolen and LE becomes involved?

Redneck Repairs-If I have to surrender it to law enforcement should I call them to my house or travel with it to the gun shop, call LE, and surrender it there?

DANG IT!!! DANG IT!!! And my buddy ERH sent me a nice factory case for it!!!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Lead Moderator
    I don't remember any recall info, and I usually check the SIGForum 3-4 times a week, sorry.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Doc, the receipt won't matter, the store has put you in the clear by contacting you. If the gun is stolen it would probably be the police contacting you and not the store. Since the store contacted you that will probably be where this situation will be resolved. Just my two cents. however you are definitely in the clear. Sometimes all the paperwork is a good thing.

Hey Doc don't worry it might be a paper work error on there part and if you can't find the receipt mabe that's what they are calling about . My shop that I go to I can always get a copy of the receipt because I have the invoice for the gun or I can get a copy of the invoice they keep records of these usually.merlin45kout

I had to make a visit back to the place where I bought by Sig, since they forgot to get me to sign the reverse side of the 4473.

Don't sweat it, you've done nothing wrong. I'll bet it's the form.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Redneck Repairs-If I have to surrender it to law enforcement should I call them to my house or travel with it to the gun shop, call LE, and surrender it there?
    Myself i would call the shop and see what is up monday , if it involves surrender , then i would call LE , and meet the investigators at the shop , surrendering the item direct to LE in front of the shop owner ( this keeps everyone honest and on the same page , also it builds witnesses that you got the gun from that shop on the reciept issue if needed ) as i edited my post tho my bet is it is an issue with a 4473 ( yellow sheet ) that you need to fix and inital pre inspection . dont worry much yet .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I have to go along with Gunnutty. LE would have shown up to pick up the gun if stolen. You did nothing wrong, and if the gun was stolen, the store should make it right. Worst scenario, you have to get a different gun from the store. Sleep well...

VIP Member
    I'm betting they are calling to tell you that they screwed up...there was a 2 for 1 deal going on the day you purchased your pistol, and you need to come down and pick out a second pistol...

Okay, okay...probably not...but I'll bet it's nothing worth losing sleep over...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links