New Aquisition 10/29/11

New Aquisition 10/29/11

This is a discussion on New Aquisition 10/29/11 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked this up while I was working at the Store. A Taurus 650SS 357 Mag 2 inch BBL. Similar to the S&W 640. Yes, ...

Thread: New Aquisition 10/29/11

New Aquisition 10/29/11

I picked this up while I was working at the Store. A Taurus 650SS 357 Mag 2 inch BBL. Similar to the S&W 640. Yes, I know, it's a Taurus, and yes, most all of you know I carry/shoot a wide variety of handguns. I couldn't resist the deal at 235.00 with box papers and HKS speed loader. (with my 10% employee discount brought it down to 211.50 total price out the door)
    The gun is very tight, and shot VERY little. Right now, I'm carrying Remington Golden Sabres 125gr JHP. I do have federal 110 gr hydra shok low recoil 38 spl that I'll try. I also have God Dot 135 gr JHP and 357 Mag 125 Gr JHP
    Let ya'll know soon about how it shoots.
    Attached Images
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

So what if it's a Taurus? I love my Taurus 85 ultralite! Congrats on the new toy and man you got a good deal! Waiting for the range report.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

If you like it, and it functions to your satisfaction, you did well! You sure can't beat the price you paid for it. Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Nice purchase! Aren't the majority of Taurus complaints with their auto loaders? It was my understanding that their revolvers did not have any significant issues to speak of?

I forgot to mention that the holster was made by Tagua Gunleather, for a Smith J frame/Taurus small frame /Ruger SP101 revolver for those who may wish to look into it. The holster is reversable left or right hand carry. Retail cost about 35.00. GREAT quality holster for a reasonable price. VERY comfortable and rides flat and out of sight.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

GM
    Good luck with the new toy. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Administrator
    And I thought I knew you better than this my longtime friend. Oh well, Congrats!...anyway just because you're you.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I picked this up while I was working at the Store. A Taurus 650SS 357 Mag 2 inch BBL. Similar to the S&W 640. Yes, I know, it's a Taurus, and yes, most all of you know I carry/shoot a wide variety of handguns. I couldn't resist the deal at 235.00 with box papers and HKS speed loader. (with my 10% employee discount brought it down to 211.50 total price out the door)
    The gun is very tight, and shot VERY little. Right now, I'm carrying Remington Golden Sabres 125gr JHP. I do have federal 110 gr hydra shok low recoil 38 spl that I'll try. I also have God Dot 135 gr JHP and 357 Mag 125 Gr JHP
    Let ya'll know soon about how it shoots.
    Beautiful gun! Do you have any trouble getting the speed loaders to work with those grips?

VIP Member
    Nice pick up, and even a nicer price.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links