Ruger takes one for glock! - Page 2

Ruger takes one for glock!

This is a discussion on Ruger takes one for glock! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by joker1 Hmmm... will put it on my list of ones to check out, thanks! I would highly recommend you do, it sounds ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ruger takes one for glock!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Hmmm... will put it on my list of ones to check out, thanks!
    I would highly recommend you do, it sounds like what you would be looking for. I love mine!

And yes, to field strip, it is just like a Glock, takes about two seconds once dropping the mag. The only thing you may not be used to is the triggerguard lever mag release. Although, this has become a plus for me, as I have come to prefer it.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Just got back from the range with my G26 and 100 flawless rounds : didn't expect anything less!The accuracy is a thing to behold and am VERY pleased with it. Along with my SP101 .327 mag., this is a keeper!
    joker1 likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Yeah I don't think either my GLOCKs will ever leave my possesion, they truly are "Perfection".
    glockman10mm likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ++10 Kool-Aid good

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ++10 Kool-Aid good
    I haven't had Kool-Aid in years, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn, but I shoot my GLOCKs any chance I get.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Kool-Aid ain't bad when you make popsicles out of it--- just like when I was a kid!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Kool-Aid ain't bad when you make popsicles out of it--- just like when I was a kid!
    Philly Boy,
    I see you have a S&W M&P 9c, how does it compare to the G26?

SOOOOO, I went back to my friend at the LGS and got the Glock 26 that I almost bought, but didn't: until today! I'm sure I'll love it( after all ,it is a Glock, for goodness sake!). Will shoot it tomorrow and probably won't want to stop-- even after the fist 100 rounds go down range. Another LC9 bites the dust!!
    Do you go around the house, talking to yourself a lot ? LOL.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I too, really like my Glocks. I also really like the size and weight of the LC9. Yea, that trigger is different, but I've found that pulling it through without hesitation really increases my accuracy. It's just like any old double action semi ( walther, mauser, etc. ) except it's every shot, not just the first, but it's also not as heavy as the first shot of a traditional double action semiauto.
    Time will tell if its good enough to be completley comfortable with. I think so. I prefer the Glock trigger, but can't always carry one due to dress. Practice, practice, practice, and if that does'nt work, it will be gone.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Yeah, I guess it was inevitable since I got tired of the trigger pull real fast on my new LC9! I really wanted it to work out since I love the SP101 .327 mag. that Marc-- at Gemini Customs-- worked on for me,but I just couldn't get past the trigger pull. SOOOOO, I went back to my friend at the LGS and got the Glock 26 that I almost bought, but didn't: until today! I'm sure I'll love it( after all ,it is a Glock, for goodness sake!). Will shoot it tomorrow and probably won't want to stop-- even after the fist 100 rounds go down range. Another LC9 bites the dust!!
    I have a post about a week ago where I said I bought the Glock 26 instead of the LC9. I was all set to get the lc9 but the reviews pushed me to get the 26. Your post confirms I made the right decision. Midway has Glock 26 mags on sale now for $21 if your looking for more. I just ordered some.
    Philly Boy likes this.

eagleks: Did I miss something?????

1959: I like the M&PC, but now that I have the G26 I'll have to decide if I want to keep the Smith. It is a little bigger & heavier than the Glock, but with springs I added from DPM(?) in Greece, it absorbs the recoil & seems to be less than the G26, although the 26 is very manageable. I also added Trijicon night sights to the Smith and they are very nice.So, if I decide to keep the M&PC, it will most likely wind up on the night stand and as my primary range gun.

My G-26 isn't very accurate. Might just be the sites are out of alignment a tad. Out of a whole clip, only had one round in a pie plate at 600 yards

[IMG][/IMG]

The 26 is one of the finest CCW's IMO. Small enough for deep concealment, yet it shoots more like a full size duty weapon.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Dennis1209: You are kidding, of course?! SIX HUNDRED YARDS!" Come on, man!"(Apologies to the guys on NFL pre-game on ESPN)!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links