Ruger takes one for glock!

This is a discussion on Ruger takes one for glock! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Philly Boy 1959: I like the M&PC, but now that I have the G26 I'll have to decide if I want to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ruger takes one for glock!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    1959: I like the M&PC, but now that I have the G26 I'll have to decide if I want to keep the Smith. It is a little bigger & heavier than the Glock, but with springs I added from DPM(?) in Greece, it absorbs the recoil & seems to be less than the G26, although the 26 is very manageable. I also added Trijicon night sights to the Smith and they are very nice.So, if I decide to keep the M&PC, it will most likely wind up on the night stand and as my primary range gun.
    Dude you are honestly splitting hairs. You basically just bought a totally redundant gun that has been refined by the gun you all ready own.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

I know, I know: but what is a little redundancy between guns? I like them both and, with just four handguns in my "arsenal", I figure I have room for two great 9mm's. Besides, in guns as in watches, don't you just need a little change from time to time: I sure do.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I will be looking to sell my LC9. I'm also having a hard time with the long trigger. It has fired 350 rounds with no failures but its hard to get any tight groups from 7-15 yards

DL48858 : I had the same problem with the LC9 and did not/do not with the G26 or the M&PC 9mm.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

JTP
    Gosh my lc9 sure fits in a pocket much better than the glock 26. My wife is happier with the lc9 in her conceal purse. To me they have different roles.

Shot my fathers LC9 and it was horrible. We both usually can keep 10 shots inside a smallbore rifle 5 ring from 8 yards but this thing was all over the paper. Even after 100 rounds each of getting "used" to the trigger it wasn't much better. I rented him an SR9c with "glock like" trigger since he didn't want to leave ruger, and everything went away, all 10 rounds inside. Let him try out the G19 and he said he would rather have either one than the LC9. He ended up trading in the LC9 for the SR9c, and when he did the LGS told him he wasn't nearly the first to do so.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Everyone should own a G26. Mine is nearing 7K rounds. Simply stunning in terms of reliability, accuracy, and conceal-ability. My 23 is my main carry. I almost turned on a used 19 yesterday, but the previous owner/moron had dremmelled/emoried away the finish from the feed ramp. Dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Everyone should own a G26. Mine is nearing 7K rounds. Simply stunning in terms of reliability, accuracy, and conceal-ability. My 23 is my main carry. I almost turned on a used 19 yesterday, but the previous owner/moron had dremmelled/emoried away the finish from the feed ramp. Dummy.
    I agree. I wish I started with the Glock 26 ( the little gun that could), I would have saved a lot of money. Iv'e spent a lot buying and selling the newest and greatest guns. I now have my carry guns settled. A Glock 26 and a Snubnose 38. I really don't need anything else.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links