Ruger takes one for glock!

This is a discussion on Ruger takes one for glock! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, I guess it was inevitable since I got tired of the trigger pull real fast on my new LC9! I really wanted it to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ruger takes one for glock!

Yeah, I guess it was inevitable since I got tired of the trigger pull real fast on my new LC9! I really wanted it to work out since I love the SP101 .327 mag. that Marc-- at Gemini Customs-- worked on for me,but I just couldn't get past the trigger pull. SOOOOO, I went back to my friend at the LGS and got the Glock 26 that I almost bought, but didn't: until today! I'm sure I'll love it( after all ,it is a Glock, for goodness sake!). Will shoot it tomorrow and probably won't want to stop-- even after the fist 100 rounds go down range. Another LC9 bites the dust!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Since you didnt like the LC9... Ill give ya... hmmm... $150 bucks for it. Whata ya say? No really I think I would take the G26 also over the Ruger. I love my G27.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I feel ya. Dumped the lc9 myself. I have high hopes for the nano. Just waiting for the first field reports.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Love my G26. Just put 100 rounds through it at the range 2 hours ago.

I am waiting for the Nano also.

I have a G26, and am not planning to get rid of it.
    But I just bought a LC9 and it fits my hand so much better, I am determined to get used to the trigger.

1959: I wish you Good Luck with that trigger!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Congrats on getting the G26. Did you ever consider the Kahr CM9? I find it a very nice candidate for concealed carry.

Congrads on your new Glock! I have not shot a 26 but Glock makes a great weapon. I have heard people complain about the trigger on the Ruger. I just got my new LC9 and I love it! The size and weight is sooo nice. It makes for a nice CC even OWB with a shirt untucked to cover. The trigger does not bother me one bit. I am looking forward to putting some rounds through it again this weekend.
    NRA Member
    XD 9 EDC
    Ruger LC9 with Crimson Laser BUG
    Marlin 30/30

Love my GLOCK 19 EDC, but also enjoy the GLOCK 26. I too am waiting for the single stack 9x19 pocket GLOCK, or a reliable GLOCK-ish Nano.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Love my G26, sent 100 rounds down range last night :)

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Love my GLOCK 19 EDC, but also enjoy the GLOCK 26. I too am waiting for the single stack 9x19 pocket GLOCK, or a reliable GLOCK-ish Nano.
    Joker1, have you checked out the Walther PPS 9mm? I pretty much consider it the single stack Glock that Glock doesn't make.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Joker1, have you checked out the Walther PPS 9mm? I pretty much consider it the single stack Glock that Glock doesn't make.
    I have not, but I will when I get the chance. Is it pretty easy to field strip?
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I have not, but I will when I get the chance. Is it pretty easy to field strip?
    Just like a glock.

Hmmm... will put it on my list of ones to check out, thanks!
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Had the same thought. LC9 or P11 or G26? Might have even looked at something else too. When I lined them all up next to each other in a side by side inspection. Considering the G26 was going to only be $508. OTD NITB it was a an easy choice for me YMWV. On the trigger pull of the LC9, if your shooting paper and your concentrating on your target you may find yourself wondering OK fire already. But if you just shoot the thing or if you do need it for an emergency I'm doubting you'll notice. It happens time to time when I practice with my LCP so I can relate to the LC9's trigger travel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links