.32 s&w long & ,32 acp

This is a discussion on .32 s&w long & ,32 acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe the S&W Model 632-2 Pro Series will fit the bill. http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...ro-2-a-10.html Originally Posted by chas1 Guys, here's the question: I am past the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: .32 s&w long & ,32 acp

Take a look at my last post on 11/1/11 on the S&W 632-2 at the S&W Forum

I believe the S&W Model 632-2 Pro Series will fit the bill.
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...ro-2-a-10.html

Quote Originally Posted by chas1 View Post
    Guys, here's the question: I am past the age of sixty and my hands can no longer take the recoil from my 9mm, .38 or .380 I had to past them down to my sons. I moved on to .32's since that's all my hands can stand, my sons are acting like i lost my mind settling for the lighter caliber but what other choice do i have? I am presently rotating my s&w 31-1 and an feg ap-66 as carry guns. any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by fiddlers; November 6th, 2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Correct website

2. Remove Ads

There's not a damned thing wrong with the .32 Long, .32 H&R Magnum or .327 Federal Magnum. Accurate shot placement with a nice and spicy .32 Long will screw up someone's day. My father ended the career of a Japanese sniper that figured he'd killed him. At 3 feet, he put 5 98-grain .32 Long wadcutters from an Italian snub-nosed, revolver in the sniper's chest. It kinda 'ruined his entire afternoon.'

Scott
    WebleyHunter likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I have hand issues too. I shoot a 32 acp mid sized gun very well [ 3" barrel] . Its the smallest gun I can shoot without pain. I cant hold on to a sub compact well enough to shoot well at all. But the mid sized guns work well for me. 32 Auto was the standard police issue in Europe till well after WWII. So don't worry much what others say, just stick to what you know you can shoot well. DR

The .32acp is probably quite adequate for your protection.

I'm in my 70's, and usually carry a KEL-TEC P-32. It meets my needs.

gold40

Pocket holster for S&W model 32-1

I need a pocket holster for S&W 31-1 (.32 cal long revolver). I like the DeSantis Nemises, but they will not even recommend a size for similar-sized pistol. Any help is appreciated.

A 32 in your pocket beats a 44 mag in your safe
    AmmoFan01 likes this.

I had a Rossi pocket revolver. Had a 3" barrel and was chambered in .32 s&w long. It had a very smooth, light trigger in dubble action, and a super crisp light single action trigger. And recoil was almost non existent. Was pretty darn accurate too. I always carried the hottest wadcutter ammo I could find for it. Never felt under gunned. So that said, I would look into a .32 s&w long revolver over a .32acp. But then I love revolvers, and trust there dependability over an auto. So I will always opt for a revolver over an auto if given the choice.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    Good gun control is hitting your target every time

I know this is an older post, I know .32acp is fairly common but what about .32 long or .32H&R mag?

If recoil is the concern, you may be able to shoot the new Critical Defense Lite 38 special 90 grain load.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_in_wi View Post
    If recoil is the concern, you may be able to shoot the new Critical Defense Lite 38 special 90 grain load.
    I would not recommended that lite Hornady stuff. All testing I have seen shows it does not expand and does not penetrate from a snub nose. Although the 158gr lswc in standard pressure is a very soft shooting round in .38 Special, especially if its an all steel snub. But this post isn't about ammo for a .38 Special. Its about choosing between .32acp and .32 s&w long. Both those two are practicly the same except that one is a Revolver cartridge, the other an auto. The revolver allows the use of better bullet design without wory of jamming. The auto allows slightly better capacity. And in my opinion the revolver cartridge in this case has the least amount of recoil, with heavier ammo. So to me the .32 s&w long is the win win round. But that's just my 2 cents.
    Good gun control is hitting your target every time

I think you would be better off with the 38 Spl....with standard pressure loads.. or even with LWC ammo...LWC may not expand ,but the flat blunt frontal area will cause more damage even at modest velocity ..than the 32 H&R , 32 Long or the 32 ACP....

My Lite recoil handgun .. is a Charter 357 mag pug with a 2.25 inch ported barrel ..loaded with 148gr LWC....This is a load /gun combo that my wife uses at the range..and that I leave in the top drawer in the sock drawer....(we have no children under 35 in our house except on holidays..then my bedroom is locked...)
    I also carry this ammo at times in my 38spl 6 shot Armscor (Colt knock-off)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links