MOUSE GUNS

This is a discussion on MOUSE GUNS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MOUSE GUNS

2. Remove Ads

guys carry 380\'s that are bigger, heavier

than the Kahr 9mm. That\'s silly, why settle for half as much power? why pay twice as much for practice ammo? if you can\'t pocket the gun, why not have some real power, range, and controlability?

i dont carry anthing smaller than 9mm most of the reason is i can find a mouse gun that fits my big paws my sub compact 9mm is as small as i could find carry and shoot comfortably unless ya want to call it a mouse it is pretty small easy to carry and conceal.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Originally posted by meme
    than the Kahr 9mm. That\'s silly, why settle for half as much power? why pay twice as much for practice ammo? if you can\'t pocket the gun, why not have some real power, range, and controlability?
    Some people can\'t control the recoil associated with small 9mm\'s. That being said i carry a G26.

VIP Member
    Michael,

The way I like to put it in class is this way. Is what your going to carry or carrying better than a rock?

So the test I use is this:
    What will you carry the most? If you don\'t have it what good is it?

What can you afford? See the first one.

Is it better than a rock?

From reports we know that 90+% of the time any firearm is better than a rock, because the BG is going to stop the act that prompted you to produce a firearm or make the BG aware that you have a firearm. So 90% or more of the time any firearm is better than a rock. For the other 10% or less you need to practice with what you carry.

Personally I only carry \"Mouse Guns\" as a BUG not a primary. I am able to dress around the gun I wish to carry, so I carry fairly large guns regularly. My wife carries a \"Mouse Gun\" as her primary as it is the only thing that works with her required wardrobe and her size. She is a size 0 or 2 depending on the clothing manufacturer. I\'d rather she have any gun versus having a rock.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar

I\'m trying to survive, not impress somebody

I, too, shoot a .380 ACP Gold Dot from a full size, stainless frame Colt .380 Government.

Most people agree that \'close quarters'for civilian encounters is within seven feet.

My Colt is a custom with a new bushing and Novak low-mount sights. The best place to aim with a gun of this type is the divot above your upper lip, sometimes called the \'filtrum.\'

The bullet then goes up the nasal cavity with very little impediment.

I don\'t think the agressor is going to be complaining about \'mouse guns'after three of four of my slugs up his snot tube.

The mouse gun is a special tool for a special purpose. I rarely dip below .38 special. There just aren\'t many times when I can gain much by going smaller or less powerful than an Airweight snubby.

When I do carry just a mousegun (or even just the snubby for that matter) I think of it not as a fight-ender but instead like a fistfull of sand that I can throw in the bad guy\'s face while I either make my \"real\" attack or break and run.

Seven or eight .32 ACP or .25ACP rounds thrown into his face are likely to make him flinch, cover, or turn whether they stop or not. So, that\'s what I plan to expect. If I have to fight using a mousegun, I\'ll throw a magazine of mousebullets at his face and quickly transition to my folder, close the gap and carry on with the fight.

Mouse guns allow you to carry something that will aid your empty hand or contact-weapon skills that you can use from outside of baseball bat range. They don\'t replace anything but can make good aids to other tools and techniques.

Chuck

I handgun hunt religously so I have seen how different calibers harvest game. I feel comfortable using the knowledge gained in chosing my gun and caliber against the human body. My Kel-Tec P11 is kind of like a missing link in my CCW collection. It is at the lower end of the spectrum of power that I feel comfortable using to defend my life. It can be my primary CCW as it is in my office, carrying it in my pant pocket, or as a back up gun behind my chosen .45acp primary. I have carried several revolvers and other lesser caliber semi-autos but never really had the level of confidence as I do in the Kel-Tec. Since I carry at all, I constantly practice at the local range. The Kel-Tec has never failed me yet. I even sometime fear that I will forget that it is there in time of need due to its small size and light weight. But if I do have to use it...its nice to know I have 11 rounds of decent 9mm ammo available.

Please keep in mind this opinion and $.75 will get you a good cup of coffee.

.32 NAA

Early in this thread someone mentioned this hand gun that puts out a .38+P power in a small package. Seems like a great compromise between size and power in a pocket gun. Does anyone else carry this rocket?

Evan called .32 NAA the Nuclear Chihuahua...nice pic, Gunkid! HA !

.380 always..

I carry a .380, Keltec P3AT, and it is with me all the time! It makes no difference to the weather or my dress, I can pocket carry this little gun. As such, its always with me as opposed to some of my other stuff that does not handle (conceal) well in warm weather, at the office etc..

Pat

Kel-Tec .32 in a Desanti pocket holster.

I tend to avoid mouse guns. The smallest I\'ll go is my S&W snub .357 in titanium. I hate it when it goes off, but I don\'t have to worry about power. I actually thinking about replacing it with a Bond Century 2000. Small deringer that shoot .410 shot shells. Less recoil than the S&W.

To put things into perspective, only recently have we become concerned about large caliber guns for CCW. Historically the so-called \"mousegun\" has been the weapon of choice for CCW carry, and an objective look at things will show it has acquited itself with great success over the years. I\'ve never met a BG who said that a gun was too small once it was pointed at him.

Kel-Tec P-3AT mostly, a S&W 39 when clothing allows it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links