.380 auto's. - Page 3

.380 auto's.

This is a discussion on .380 auto's. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am on my second LCP and I cannot complain about them at all, good little guns for the price. I think you just have ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: .380 auto's.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I am on my second LCP and I cannot complain about them at all, good little guns for the price. I think you just have to realize that the little compact 380's are not meant to be range guns, and thus they aren't built to the same exacting standards that your full size gun's are. I shot the my first LCP I had to death, put 2K+ rounds downrange with it until I had run every DYI drill I could, and then traded it in for a new one! The second one I tested for reliability and now just keep as my backup to my CM9, or for when smaller needs call.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by Res313 View Post
    I have been looking at the small frame .380s for a carry for warmer months. Looking at the sig 238, ruger lcp and taurus tcp. I am liking the TCP due to it's similarity to my main carry the G19(no ext safety, DAO, slide lock). I don't want to disrupt muscle memory so I want to maintain that similarity. Any suggestions?
    The TCP has worked great for me. I also carry Glocks and I like the similarity. Recoil seems to be very similar to shooting the G26 with self defense rounds. Clean and oil before using the first time. It likes to be a little wet. Hang on tight and have some fun. I only shoot my carry ammo in it. You will have to find an ammo it likes.
    Question Everything!

I'm waiting for my NAA 380 Guardian to arrive. I hope it is as good as the reviews I have seen. It will be my pocket carry pistol.

I had no troubles with my P3AT after 7 years.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Thanks people for all your support. I have done some further internet searches and found that the problem with my Bodyguard that I am concerned about was addressed a year before my gun was built. Since I really like the feel and size of it I am going to shoot it until it fails me. At that time I will find another piece to take it's place as a pocket carry warm weather gun. I am new to the pocket guns and after going through two of them and reading all the horror stories posted on the forums I just got frustrated and thought I would post for input. The message I am going to take away form all your advice is I need to put more rounds through it, I have only shot around 75 rounds with it. Stop reading and go shoot and enjoy, got to get to the range more and stop reading these posts on the internet. Thanks for all the help.
    Best, Frank.

So far, my Kahr .380 has been great. Round #1 failed to completely chamber. After that, perfect through approx. 500+ rounds.
    No one ever said it'd be easy.

Here are my Choices for EDC in .380ACP and a Favorite

I've got around 300 rounds through my bodyguard and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It has become my EDC.

Sent from Nates Droid X

Knock on wood but my LCP has worked flawlessly so far with several ammo types. I hope my LCP continues to be reliable.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    My LCP works fine but I've nt shot it much.

Carry the MDE and love it!

CZech quailty and runs 100%!

I plan to buy a blued one and a two-tone model in 2012.

I have been carrying a Bursa for years and no complaints other than I had a constant feeling of needing more stopping power. The only time the weapon failed me was due to the ammo misfiring. That is one you just can't do much about. You just never know when that might happen.
    Now using 45 sub compact and so far so good. Taurus Millineum.. Having some trouble getting used to the location and easy operation of the magazine release. It is way too easy to hit and drop the mag.

Thumbs up Ruger LCP

I agree with many of the positive comments from prior postings. The .380 small frame pistols can be finicky and troublesome firearms, built to very exacting specs and with very tight tolerances. I have had a LCP with CT laser for about a year. During that time, I have put over 200 rounds of various manufacturers (Rem UMC, Federal, S&B, PMC) downrange with no issues. Actually, the only issue I have had was with a 10rd Promag magazine. I bought it for range use, but after numerous failure to feed issues with the Promag magazine, it is now a paperweight. I now exclusively use Ruger (MecGar) magazines, and have had no further issues. After reading numerous threads at the elsiepea forum, I thoroughly cleaned the pistol prior to initial use and changed out the guiderod and the recoil springs, with good results. I installed a Pachmayr tactical grip to lessen the rather snappy recoil of that small pistol. For PD, I use Hornady CD and Rem GS rounds.

Good luck,
    boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    My LCP works fine but I've nt shot it much.

Carry the MDE and love it!

CZech quailty and runs 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    I plan to buy a blued one and a two-tone model in 2012.
    You should get the blue one.

\
    Attached Images
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

My LCP has been more than i expected...it has shot everything i put in it...and i shoot it very very well...also because it carries comfortably it gets carried everytime i leave the house....

Ruger LCP with CT in Recluse-plus holster

Here is my LCP

DSC03076.jpg

boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links