trying to decide on new carry

This is a discussion on trying to decide on new carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok so I thought I like my M&P45. I shoot fine with it. but....I don't, there is just something about it I don't like. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: trying to decide on new carry

ok so I thought I like my M&P45. I shoot fine with it. but....I don't, there is just something about it I don't like. The trigger is still gritty after 800 rounds. I know that can be addressed but I am determined to get another glock. I still have my trusty G17. but am looking to add a more compact model. I had a G30sf that I regret selling, so that is on the table. the other 3 I am looking at are the G19, 23 and 32. Hmmm decisions. I guess Im more serious about the G19 or 30SF. Just wondering if there is any reason I should consider the 40 or 357 sig.

Also the reason I want another glock is that I have come to the realization that thats what I shoot the best. Hands down.

Well it sounds real simple -- get a Glock. They're cheap, reliable and you like them... go for it. :)
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

So.....what exactly are you looking for here? Some support for another Glock?
    You know what's best for you. If you have never had the compact Glock, I suggest getting one. That alone might make your future. I could write a volume at this point as to why, where I've been, or where you want to go. I simply can't, so I'll leave you looking for a good deal on a G23, and a new mission. I sincerely hope the holidays are good to you and you find what you need. Home is where the love is. The only reason you'll ever be out in the cold is from not accepting an invitation. Again....your choice. Wishing you happy holidays. Glock on!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    Well it sounds real simple -- get a Glock. They're cheap, reliable and you like them... go for it. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^I am in this camp^^^^^^^^^^

on this one.
    If you want a very outstanding round for mostly SD/CC, from a performance standpoint, AND do not mind the slight increase in cost for bullets(from 9mm), I would opt for the .357 sig over the .40.
    Some here would dispute the effectiveness of this round, but I think as more and more agencies start turning in results from street shoots, I believe the naysayers will either backtrack, or go away.

BTW;
    I have an M&P9c, as well as my brother, and his son has a .40 FS.
    But if YOU shoot Glocks well, then go for it.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Ex Member Array Jim Rat-a tat tat's Avatar
    G23 fits my hand better than G30SF but I have small hands. I liked the way my G30 shot but traded it off.

ruger LC9 or a beretta Px4 Storm .40 fullsize, compact or subcompact, they are my favorites right now
    however a sig 226 with a .357 sig is very nice too but that's getting very pricey

I had a G30 (not sf) and loved the way it felt in my hand and shot but the slide was just too wide and squared to carry IWB. I now have a Glock 36 and it fits the bill perfectly. Still a .45ACP, but single stack and thin. It also handles the round well. It's only 6+1, but with an extra mag in your pocket you're well covered for 99.99% of anything that could go down. My buddy has a G23 and I really like it as well. Can't go wrong with either one, just depends on if you prefer .40 or .45 and how important capacity is to you.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

If you have the G17, get the G19 or the G26, and use G17 mags for your spare mag carry, shoot it often shoot it well have fun and carry it with you always. Also sounds like you may shoot 9mm better than you shoot 45, and its cheaper to practice with; so have the best of all the worlds and go buy another 9mm Glock.

(You were here for support of buying another Glock right?)

Glock Certified Armorer

I say get the G32 and a factory G23 barrel(or vice versa) and call it a day. That way you still have a 9mm option with your G17 and you can have both 40 and 357 in one package. OMO
    gorilla45 likes this.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I suggest the Glock 33. That is my Summer carry. Same size as the G26 but .357 SIG instead of 9x19. Both .355 inch dia bullets but you don't loose the velocity that you do with the G26. Fun gun to shoot.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of Glocks. While I will go along with people telling you to get a Glock. Why?

Well, it's the brand of gun you shoot the best. Nothing matters more than that, unless the product you are using isn't reliable. We are talking about one of the biggest handgun manufacturers around though, so no real worries there.

guess i could get the 23. and a 32 barrel. just saw on the lone wolf site that they have a drop in barrel in 9mm for the 23 and 32. just have to use the g19 mag. interesting. I do shoot 9mm better in terms of speed. use my g17 in production class for ipsc. thanks for the input everyone.

Get the Glock...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Have you looked at the G36?

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links