New Sig P224: Competition for M&P Compact, Glock G26/27/33, and XDM Compact ???>>>

This is a discussion on New Sig P224: Competition for M&P Compact, Glock G26/27/33, and XDM Compact ???>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The P224 looks like a nice offering from Sig. If it performs as well as the P229 it'll look better. It seems like picking up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Sig P224: Competition for M&P Compact, Glock G26/27/33, and XDM Compact ???>>>

The P224 looks like a nice offering from Sig. If it performs as well as the P229 it'll look better. It seems like picking up a new pistola from Sig nowadays is a crapshoot. There is no way that the P224 will ever match up with the Glock 26 or 27, they are perfection for duty or ccw. I believe the P224 carries a list price of $1125 to $1218.
    " GLOCK Certified Armorer"
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gliffe/

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Nice, but the new XDs may be more appealing. I prefer striker fire.

Here is a look at the P224. Not bad, but wow, that MSRP will hurt.

No chance of me switching. It might be every bit as good as my G26, but there's no way its worth over twice what my G26 cost. MSRP of $1125 is just too much to pay unless you're an absolute Sig fanatic.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Who pays MSRP for a gun? The LGS price will be ~ $800 more than likely. Give it a couple of months on the market and the price will likely drop.

I expect most guys here know I like SIGs. Yeah, I am sure I'll get one in SA/DA. But paying MSRP??? Never heard of that, be it guns or cars. This will probably run around 850 or so. Sigh, yes, I am aware that there are other brands that are cheaper and tens of thousandths of an inch slimmer. And, being the good guy that I am, I will say that they are also excellent guns. For now, I want a 224.

I handled it at the Shotshow on Wednesday. Just a chopped down 229 so just buy a 229.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Yup. P290, P238. What I'd really like them to make is a slightly upsized 9mm version of the P238.

Fitch
    The are, the p938
    sig 938 - Google Search

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I just hope that the cost isn't outrageous like Sigs other guns
    I read the msrp. was around $1,125.00 on the Sig web sight... I like it, and even though it's a little thick it looks like I could carry it well. I carry my Beretta Cougar OWB most of the time no problem even in summer. (the cougar specs are almost identical to the p229). You see I'm a cowboy, and there is 4 things I don't leave home without, wallet, one of my cowboy hat's, firearm and knife, that said I can get away with wearin pearl snap button shirts untucked and none the wiser, it's expected in Colorado, so OWB carry works for me most of the time. I do wonder if the Sig 24 will be bug free since it's a cut down version of the p229.
    "I never want to be put in a position where I have to use my side arm, but put me there and use it I will"...

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    sorry the P224 looks like another SIG dud,,,,,,,,we already have a P290 and that gun is
    really awful and the 224 with its 226 price tag...sorry Id have to pass.....now the 938
    That looks worthy...Sig IMO has lost its way

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    sorry the P224 looks like another SIG dud,,,,,,,,we already have a P290 and that gun is
    really awful and the 224 with its 226 price tag...sorry Id have to pass.....now the 938
    That looks worthy...Sig IMO has lost its way
    I would agree with you! The 938 at the Shotshow was nicer that a 238 IMHO.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    From Sig I like the P220 Compaq SAS Gen 2. Too bad it only comes in .45. I'd like to see it in .357 Sig.

Read today they are gunna run for around 1100, you can get them cheaper probably at a local gun store. They are pretty thick, but that's how sig makes em, check out the P938 if you want something slimmer. I think it only comes in 9 though. That one will be pricey as well. inexpensive sig=sig pro 2022, good guns

Quote Originally Posted by .40sw View Post
    Read today they are gunna run for around 1100, you can get them cheaper probably at a local gun store. They are pretty thick, but that's how sig makes em, check out the P938 if you want something slimmer. I think it only comes in 9 though. That one will be pricey as well. inexpensive sig=sig pro 2022, good guns

I am guessing that the width of 1.3inches that Sig is posting on their site is measure WITH the slide stop. Glock posts that the G26's width at 1.18 I do not know if that is with or without the slide stop. Maybe someone can measure for us. God Bless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links