"Snake Slayer" from Bond Arms - Page 3

"Snake Slayer" from Bond Arms

This is a discussion on "Snake Slayer" from Bond Arms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You cannot compare your buddys draw speed to anybodys else, just because he couldnt draw fast doesnt mean anybody else will not draw fast Btw ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "Snake Slayer" from Bond Arms

You cannot compare your buddys draw speed to anybodys else, just because he couldnt draw fast doesnt mean anybody else will not draw fast

Btw you can carry these in condition 1 and you dont need to use the crossbolt safety
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I will stay with a normal higher cap pistol.

I like the concept,,,, but the price & the number of shots make it
    a novelty gun or back up gun to me. Just do not want to have
    only 2 shots at such a close range,,,, especially with mob action
    occurring more often now.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    There are too many local incidents of multiple assailants, for me to feel comfortable carrying a two-shot handgun for defensive purposes. Well, perhaps as a hide-out gun, a two-shot weapon may have a role, but the Bond Arms product is a bit large for that role. If one uses .45 Colt as a defensive carry cartridge, however, Bond Arms offers something smaller than a large-framed sixgun that can share ammo with the larger weapon. (I wear a badge, and not only respond to some number of incidents myself, but see the descriptions of suspects and freshly-stolen vehicles from throughout the metropolitan area. Carjacking IS a team sport, and it occurs even in "nicer" areas!*)

For defense against snakes, well, I grew up in bayou country, here on the Coastal Prairie of the Texas Gulf Coast, near the Piney Woods and Big Thicket. While I will never say never, I have yet to feel the need to kill a snake for defensive purposes.

That being said, Bond Arms seems to make a very well-crafted product, something I may want to own as a fun gun, someday.

*Back to carjacking for a moment: Even though I consider my life more important than my fully-insured vehicles, I want sufficient ammo to cover my tactical withdrawal. Moreover, we have a family agreement in place; I will not allow assailants to transport any family member from a location. The survival rate of victims who are transported is NOT good. Once again, the Bond Arms product is well-made, a fun gun, and perhaps a decent hide-out for those with other .45 Colt weapons.

I new the day would come that I could tell my story of my meeting with Bob Munden In March of last year (2011) I was in Las Wages with a good friend of mine when we went to a private party only to find one of the guests was.... you guessed it..Bob Munden. I have been a big fan of the Bond Arms firearms. I have been to there factory to see the Bond Arms being made. I own several of there firearms. 6 different barrel combinations and I can't say enough of what a great gun I feel they make. I carry my Snake Slayer in a OWB holster made for Bond Arms. Well to make a long story short, Bob told of his feelings of the Bond Arms. In fact before we left he took us to his truck and let us look at some of his firearms, of which 3 of them were Bond Arms. Bob has his own firearm service too, which he will customize your firearms for you. Bob's word on the 45LC/.410 is that it is a firearm that can be trusted, and it make a great self defense firearm. The new tech knowledge of the self defense .410 rounds are nothing to sneeze at. I could go on but I don't want to go into all of what was said, and it is in all things, You like Chevy's, I like Ford. I own 27 different 1911's but I do carry my Bond Arms all the time. My thanks go to Bob for his time and manners. He is a true master of the firearm...And thanks too Bond Arms for making one hell of a firearm.

Its better than carrying nothing...And this is a great popcorn thread

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have shot both 3" #4 shot as well as 2.5" 000 buckshot and I wouldn't want to be shot by either one, trust me. I didn't buy the gun for CC, I bought it for the wow factor alone and here was a double wow factor in my mind after shooting it. This gun is ideal for a night stand drawer in the bedroom loaded with 000 buckshot. I like it so much I'm considering a 2nd one, it's a finely crafted piece, and what other gun offers 19 barrel options?

IMG_20121111_105148.jpg IMG_20121111_105440.jpg

I like to see either a 28 or 20 gauge derringer..Or something like a pump 20 gauge pistol.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I've had mine (Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV- 4.25" barrel in .45/.410) for about a year now, and I love it. I keep it loaded with 00 buck. Some love them, some don't, just like about everything else in life.
    What I like about mine most is the quality. You will not find a higher quality firearm of ANY kind anywhere, bar none. It is an absolutely beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Also it is so much fun to shoot. I also have a .22 LR barrel for mine so I can shoot it all day if I want. I also like the idea that I can purchase pretty much any caliber barrel that I want. Plan to eventually get both a 9mm and .38SP/.357 Mag for mine. Plus putting ten .357 Magnum sized projectiles into a bad guy (God forbid) with just 2 shots gives me a feeling of comfort.
    Anyway, to each his own, but for now at least, I'm glad I have mine, and for now at least, it is my carry weapon of choice.

Thanks,
    Donnie D

Good to see another happy customer! It seems the people who have negative comments have never owned one or even shot one. I'm not seeing any complaints from actual
    owners. Do you have the .22 LR barrel or .22 magnum? I'm looking at getting a 2nd barrel, only plan to use 410 for protection.

I would love to get one of these. Not because I want it to be my primary carry but largely because I think that it's a cool gun. This is also why I would really like to have a Wilson Combat 1911, not because it can do things my other pistols can't, but because it has a fun factor to it that my polymer framed pistols lack.
    Last edited by Smilinswordsman; November 29th, 2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: grammar

Distinguished Member
    My wife has a Cobra (not Bond Arms) derringer (9mm) and it was going to be a backup but she hasn't chosen to do so. Definitely hard to hit anything over a few feet away. I've hit a couple of times at 50 feet but only a couple out of dozens of tries (LOL).

EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smilinswordsman View Post
    I would love to get one of these. Not because I want it to be my primary carry but largely because I think that it's a cool gun. This is also why I would really like to have a Wilson Combat 1911, not because it can do things my other pistols can't, but because it has a fun factor to it that my polymer framed pistols lack.
    After a Springfield XD40, a couple of Glocks and a couple of Rugers in polymer I felt the same way. I got the Springfield Range Office 1911 .45 and the Springfield Ultra Compact .45 in stainless. Later bought the first Kahr MK40, then T9. Now I have an addiction to stainless steel, thus the Snake Slayer :) Time for the old boy to slow down here.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links