S&W M&P 9c

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I haven't shot a M&P, but I will say they point more naturally than my Glock does. Personally, I would not trade my G30 for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: S&W M&P 9c

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I haven't shot a M&P, but I will say they point more naturally than my Glock does. Personally, I would not trade my G30 for a M&P for that reason as I learned to shoot the Glock quite well, despite it "feeling like a brick" or whatever that means.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

I carried a 9c for a while. After the striker mechanism broke and disabled the gun I lost faith in it and sold it. Best ergos of any gun I have ever fired. 12+1 is a lot of firepower for a package that small.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I've been very satisfied with mine. Probably 1,000 rounds with zero malfunctions. Soft recoiling, fairly easy to carry.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I just picked one up. For striker-fired tupperware, it's not bad. If you have never had the pleasure of shooting an M&P with the Apex Tactical enhancements (DCAEK and RAM), you need to correct that oversight. It's a completely different, and much improved, trigger with their drop-in parts.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I bought a 9c not long ago to replace my CW9 as my EDC. I immediatly had Trijicon night sites installed and a trigger job done. I like the gun very much and it serves its purpose well. Still I only like it, I love my Sig. No guns have I ever owned handled liked my Sig. I kinda wished I spent the money on another Sig, but I know full well that the 9c would be much more likely to be carried due to its lighter weight. For the money its a good gun.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

The 9c is my primary carry. My favorite out of the many brands I've tried.

_MG_5444 for dc.jpg

This is what works for me, carrying my 9mm...Put the apex trigger and reset enhancement in it, feels so much better than stock, I need to go shoot it more...
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I love my 9c. Full sized punch with a small gun package.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I'd like to add, while the trigger enhancement is nice, the stock trigger is plenty capable of putting lead where it needs to go and fast.

My regular CCW is a M&P 9C... Love it. Accurrate, flawless, concealable, comfortable to shoot. Accurracy is great due to controlability, match grade barrel and a comfortable grip angle. About 5K rounds thru mine and it eats everything I feed it. Carry 124 Gr Hornady Hollowpoints as a defensive round. Carry in one of 2 holsters. A Crossbreed Supertuck Delux or a Concealmax Pro by Bernie Holsters.

I have several carry guns but this is my Fav!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links