S&W M&P 9c

S&W M&P 9c

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was browsing the local gun store for a new 9mm compact pistol and I found the S&W M&P 9c. It felt good in my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: S&W M&P 9c

S&W M&P 9c

I was browsing the local gun store for a new 9mm compact pistol and I found the S&W M&P 9c. It felt good in my hands and it seemed like a good quality compact. Any of you guys (or gals) have one and want to give some input on this pistol?
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

I carry a M&P 40c as my EDC. I love it! Smooth shooting and trouble free. The 0mm can only be just as good!

I have had one now for a few months. I absolutely love it. It is MUCH more accurate than a 3.5" barrel gun should be. Recoil is VERY easy to manage even with +P loads. I really enjoy mine. And I NEVER worry about malfunctions. She just runs and runs.
    stevez likes this.

My M&P .40 is my best shooter.

VIP Member
    700+ rounds.
    Eats Russian Garbage,French crap, Hungarian goulash, American Fare, all without crying uncle.

Carries like a .32
    Some people don't like the trigger. They buy an Apex trigger fix. I got no gripes.
    They have not shot a Kel Tec P11.

Brother has the same , but he has the mag disconect, neither pistols have a safety.

Nephew has a FS .40.
    Couple thousand rnds. through, w/no hiccups.

His fiance bought a 9c as well this summer.
    Excellent firearm.
    Everyone who shoots one likes them
    zonker1986 and gottabkiddin like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I've had mine for almost 9 mos. now and it is a great gun: easy to shoot, manageable recoil, reliable and a good old American product. Just got a G26 and will, no doubt, love it too, but the S&W is a bit heavier and bigger and handles recoil really well. You will like this gun more & more the longer you have it.Good luck with it.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    it's on the edc rotation. They are boring reliable and shoot well.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

sgb
    Excellent ...................
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I have the FS and compact in .40 cal and I couldn't be happier! Not one problem so far!

two words. "Buy it."
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I had the 40C back when they had problems with the magizines dropping and mine was one. I was not impressed with Smith's response at all so I sold the POS and swore that I would never buy another S&W auto ever again. Good luck! I know many people like them.

Ex Member Array Jim Rat-a tat tat's Avatar
    I don't own one but I have shot the 9C and the 40 mis size. Nice ergonomics but triggers felt like they had a pound of sand each in them. Maybe they smooth out after a few hundred. Not sure.

I prefer it to any of my Glocks and I would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a solid performer... Like it's been said, the trigger is subject to personal preference. I personally don't mind the stock trigger, but I guess for a range gun the trigger could be a bit better, but for a defense gun, IMO it's a tad bit better than any of my Glocks. It's one of the best shooting compact 9mms that I have owned, or shot....
    oneshot and Philly Boy like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

As everyone else here has said, it is a very nice gun. The 9c is my everyday carry and I also really like it..
    Last edited by ktm rider; November 7th, 2011 at 06:53 AM.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnkem View Post
    I was browsing the local gun store for a new 9mm compact pistol and I found the S&W M&P 9c. It felt good in my hands and it seemed like a good quality compact. Any of you guys (or gals) have one and want to give some input on this pistol?
    My wife "adopted" my 9c as her primary carry gun.

Ours was one of the early ones that had the improperly hardened mag catch, and it eventually rounded out a bit and started dropping magazines at random. S&W sent me a replacement (and a spare) free of charge, and the gun has been flawless since.

She likes hers so much that she bought a 9pro to shoot IDPA with.

As far as the trigger goes, some are a bit gritty out of the box. Shoot it, and shoot it some more, and the trigger gets better over time.

You can't go wrong with a 9c. A fine compact auto.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links