I hate it when someone plants a tiny seed of doubt - Page 2

I hate it when someone plants a tiny seed of doubt

This is a discussion on I hate it when someone plants a tiny seed of doubt within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MitchellCT Huh? Seriously...what? You have an issue with running your weapon hard and seeing if it holds up? Are you referring to ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: I hate it when someone plants a tiny seed of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Huh?

Seriously...what?

You have an issue with running your weapon hard and seeing if it holds up?
    Are you referring to my 10K round G26 or my 5K round G23? What exactly is your issue? You called the guy a "tool". C'mon.
    mauser1959 likes this.

Administrator
    He didn't call the guy a tool... And that's enough of that- let's keep it on topic.
    shooterX likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    He didn't call the guy a tool... And that's enough of that- let's keep it on topic.
    Sorry Dad, my bad. Apologies to CT.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Sorry Dad, my bad. Apologies to CT.
    I'll turn this car around and give you something to be sorry about-
    l1a1 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My XD 45 Compact has been nothing but trouble. Only 2000 rounds across it and it's had two whole failures, both caused by me.
    mauser1959 and Warmon like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    My XD 45 Compact has been nothing but trouble. Only 2000 rounds across it and it's had two whole failures, both caused by me.
    piece of junk. I'll give ya $200 for it.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    For starters, TDI (including Dave Bowie) doesn't promote the XD/XDM as they don't like the fact that the grip safety has to be depressed to work the slide.
    This.

Try to do a one-handed reload or failure drill with an XD. It can be more difficult than it needs to be due to the grip safety locking the slide.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I have well over 1,000 rounds through my XD40sc and never had any issues at all. I've been very accurate with it since the first shot. My confidence in my weapon is established by my own experience with it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I don't like XDs. It is a personal preference issue. It has nothing to do with quality.

I don't like Glocks. It is a personal preference issue. It has nothing to do with quality.

OldVet nailed it with the first reply to the OP.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Keep the gun and don't worry about it. How many failures have you really heard about with XD's vs how many are out there ? They are a good gun. It's just that there are lots of other good guns out there too, and some prefer this over that.

I've shot everything imaginable in my Xd, and it would shoot any ammo I put in it.... and kept right on going. I know I trust it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Thanks all except for that weapons vs tool thing: )
    mauser1959 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I will stake my entire reputation here that Bowie is no "gun shop commando", and the man does know more about fighting pistols than any of us gun forum commandos. I have seen first hand what the man speaks of and hold the same opinion based on observing the same things. And no, I do not bow at the alter of Benner, Bowie or TDI in general; I've had my
    disagreements with all of them.
    To be fair, the TDI boys did beat the XD drum when they first came out, but then time and experience righted that ship. That was one of the few times I got to say "I told you so" to those guys. Just like the AR's, there are consumer grade pistols, and there are professional grade pistols. Choose what suits you best is all I have to say about that.
    Could you elaborate a bit? What issues have you seen with XD's?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Try to do a one-handed reload or failure drill with an XD. It can be more difficult than it needs to be due to the grip safety locking the slide.
    This.

I was at the Magpul Dynamics Dynamic Carbine 1 Course over the weekend, and on Day 3 we were doing empty/malfunctioned rifle transition to handguns, so Costa and Fisher talked about handguns. They both prefer M&Ps, Glocks and 1911s. Costa was talking about striker fired pistols being ideal since the trigger pull is always the same. When asked why he and Fisher didn't like XDs, he replied that they weren't serious combat pistols due to the grip safety because it made one handed manipulation incredibly difficult and nearly impossible under extreme stress.

Take that as you will, as these guys have no affiliation with Glock, Smith & Wesson or Springfield, and they were actually carrying their Nighthawk GRP 1911s at the course.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    When it comes to firearms everyone has an opinion. Yes I listen and take in what those more "schooled" than I am say but I still find what works for me.

What you have to remember to some running a gun hard is 200 rounds in a range session, to others running a gun hard is 1500 rounds over a weekend, in the mud, dirt, snow and so on without cleaning the weapons systems. There would be a great difference in opinions between what is reliable or not.

I have never owned or even shot an XD but it did remind me of this.

A question was raised on another forum in regards to "I know the Glock is King, but how are other pistols holding up in your classes?

XD/M
    Px4
    SR9
    P250
    M&P
    Hi Point (kidding...)

The following response is from the owner himself who sees a lot of rounds put downrange. I have no reason to doubt his opinion.

XD/M - The 9s "work" kinda all other calibers suck.
    Px4 - Shoddy design. Runs though.
    SR9 - Not enough data
    P250 - They work.
    M&P - M&Ps are the only gun on the list I would carry willingly.
    Hi Point - Better than XD

Does that mean that I would not use an XD for a daily carry nope I would test it and if it worked for me great and the same should be for you. If a system works for you and you are happy with it enjoy it. The same system may not work for someone else but that is on them.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    There isn't a gun on the shelf that I would trade my XD for. It is my daily carry, and it is an amazing piece of work. It goes bang and it hits the target. It is like a tank. Also, I personally think the grip safety is a huge plus on this platform. I would love to see some statistics behind someone who thinks the gun isn't reliable. I think there is enough information out there to prove otherwise...

As for not liking it for it's ergonomics, safety features, or looks, well.... Thats what makes the world go 'round.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links