XD Trigger freeze?

This is a discussion on XD Trigger freeze? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't blame you for just wanting a new one..... but..... Springfield has the absolute best customer service and shop there is. The gun will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: XD Trigger freeze?

I don't blame you for just wanting a new one..... but.....

Springfield has the absolute best customer service and shop there is. The gun will commonly be completely worked over and come back not only reliable, but better than a "new one" .

Had a problem with an EMP, and sent it in.... they had it back 1 week to the day from when it was shipped. And OMG.... it was not only fixed, but polished, worked over and the sooooo smooth in comparison.... it was like a completely different gun all together.

If it's not obvious, I would highly recommend them .... and I have heard the same from every person I know of that has had to send a gun into them.

Just something to consider.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

3 XD's and not a lick of problem

I have 3 XD's (2 X9 + 1X40) and have never had any issue with them. One 9mm SC and standard and one 40 standard. I've probably put 2k rounds through my SC and it keeps getting better and better. The only issue I've had is with handloaded ammo, I have to make sure there are no bulges in the cases, as you would with any round/gun. I prefer shooting them to my Ruger or Kimber. Take it back to the shop and get it fixed or get a new gun. An unreliable firearm is an accident waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    If I hadn't got this through Davidson's I would have Springfield fix it. Davidson's will replace it with a new one. I could go directly through Springfield, I just thought a new replacement would be better. Maybe, when they send me another (the 3rd) I'll give it one more shot because, yes, I do like everything about it but it has to be reliable. I hope it will work since I have some extra $$ invested in it. I replaced the sights with Trijicon ($140) and have 3 holsters made for it and extra mags so I really want it to work. Maybe Davidson is the problem.? I will rethink sending it directly to SA. Thanks for the vote of confidence!!
    It could be the shop, although, maybe there was a bad production run. Although a rarity, it could be a possibility. I would simply trust springfield to do repairs/replace more than a gunsmith. I hope you get this straightened out. I had an issue with a yildiz shotgun that I bought one year. Fortunately, it was fixed promptly and for free, but I know how disheartening it can be. The thing that I can't believe is the $140 trijicons! Ouch, i got mine for $70 when I purchased my XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    The thing that I can't believe is the $140 trijicons! Ouch, i got mine for $70 when I purchased my XD.
    Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights: $99.75 plus 6% tax and $40 to install them by my local gunsmith. I probably should have installed them myself but....I didn't know how. And, I like to buy from my local guy so I probably paid more than the internet. He's got a very small shop. Gotta stimulate the economy.
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights: $99.75 plus 6% tax and $40 to install them by my local gunsmith. I probably should have installed them myself but....I didn't know how. And, I like to buy from my local guy so I probably paid more than the internet. He's got a very small shop. Gotta stimulate the economy.
    I was thinking that's about what I paid for mine after installation. You did yourself a favor by letting someone else install them, they're a PITA, my LGS regretted offering to install them by the time they were done :)

Wow, I guess I got a really good deal, and didn't even know it! Mine were $70 installed. I thought it was the normal rate. I gotta go thank my local shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Wow, I guess I got a really good deal, and didn't even know it! Mine were $70 installed. I thought it was the normal rate. I gotta go thank my local shop!
    You better tell those guys how much you appreciate their prices. Best I could find was $85 + $10 shipping, and $40 for installation, and that's going thru 3 gunsmiths who said they wouldn't even do it because of what a pain it is, the 4th complained, but said they would do them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I've had an XD9 for at least six years maybe seven,put several thousand rounds of factory and my reloads thru it with absolutely no issues
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think the issue is when you really run them hard and expect them to function as a combat pistol. Just about any gun can shoot a few hundred at a time punching holes in paper. I've seen both High Points and Taurus do that on a regular basis. A few thousand over several years says nothing.

Happy day! Went to the range this AM and tried out this XDSC again. I ran each mag through twice (13,13,16) and never had a problem like last time. Everything was flawless. So, based on everyone saying these pistols are great, I am going to chalk it up to operator error. I clean it everytime but, who knows, maybe I got something stuck in there that didn't belong.

Oh, and, I also got to fire 50 rounds through my brand new Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded and it was flawless too!

Yes, a happy day!
    Carpe Diem

Go to xd-hs2000.com James does most of the members install of sights vist it his web. u won't be disappointed.Sorry, members of xd-talk forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links