Compare compact to full-sized Stoeger Cougar?

This is a discussion on Compare compact to full-sized Stoeger Cougar? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have one of each? I have the 8040, and I love love love to shoot it. But it is super-thick and a pain ...

Thread: Compare compact to full-sized Stoeger Cougar?

Does anyone have one of each? I have the 8040, and I love love love to shoot it. But it is super-thick and a pain to carry in deep concealment (it is, however, my woods gun). I am very curious about the Cougar Compact, but the Stoeger site's "specifications" page doesn't really go into details about how compact the Compact is: Stoeger Specifications

Is there anyone out there who has handled both and can offer a real comparison? I think I read somewhere that the only difference is the grip is just a half inch shorter, which doesn't seem like it would make much difference. But then, it's in 9mm and my original is in .40ómaybe the 9mm will be skinnier, too?

If I didn't care about concealment I would carry my Cougar every day.

Just bumping this thread up again.

I have a Stoger Couger 8040 and indeed it is a beauty to shoot! The thickness and weight isn't a concern for me and I carry it quite often. From what I understand the new Compact is the same gun just with a grip that is one inch or so shorter. Same size barrel. I waiting to see one for myself. Might be my next purchase!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I have the 9mm 8000F. I compared the two at the local gun shop and the compact was just a little shorter at the barrel end and handle. They were otherwise the same gun (13 not 15 rds). I remember laughing at how thick both of the handles were as I believe they were both double stack mags. Berretta never made a skinny gun, even their compact (cougar) was not very compact.
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

Sponsored Links