Sorry Glock guys... - Page 2

Sorry Glock guys...

This is a discussion on Sorry Glock guys... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My G30 tore up my knuckle, but that was from crossing my thumb behind the slide revolver style. I became a fast learner....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 114
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sorry Glock guys...

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Posts
    17,659
    My G30 tore up my knuckle, but that was from crossing my thumb behind the slide revolver style. I became a fast learner.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth


  2. #17
    Ex Member Array Yankeejib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    How dare you tell the glock fanboys that their choice isn't right for everyone! Shame on you!
    Once I installed the Wolf .380 conversion barrel on my G22, it's been my favorite.
    zonker1986 and AZJD1968 like this.

  3. #18
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I have never heard of such.
    Actually, "Glock knuckle" is pretty well known. I've had to undercut the trigger guard with a Dremel on every Glock I've ever owned, because they bang the heck out of my middle finger knuckle when firing, especially in .40 caliber. The Glock is not a particularly good pistol ergonomically for a lot of people, but they put up with the blocky feel and weird ergonomics because of the reputation for reliability and simplicity. After years of doing that (and shooting low-left because of the long trigger reach), I switched to M&P's, which feel like a pistol should feel (to me). I can get the full pad of my trigger finger squarely on the trigger of an M&P or my SD9, and hit where I aim much more naturally than I ever did with any model of Glock. Everybody's hand is different, but when an entire cottage industry pops up doing grip modifications/reductions on a line of pistols, it's probably a clue that they aren't perfect for many people right out of the box. With the reliability of newer polymer frame pistols (M&P, Walther, XD, etc.) there is no reason to put up with bad ergonomics anymore.

    glock knuckle - Google Search
    helderberg likes this.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  4. #19
    Member Array RTTR84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canadian in America
    Posts
    112
    I'm confused? Ive shot hundreds on hundreds of rounds through my G26 and I can't think of a single instance of this problem, but as mentioned each person is different. The Glock seems to do pretty well for me.

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array multistage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    How dare you tell the glock fanboys that their choice isn't right for everyone! Shame on you!
    Yeah, no kidding. I should have known better. It's not their fault. They just haven't discovered the SIG yet.

    Just kidding, Glock guys. Please do not plan an offensive on my house.
    21bubba, Doodle and digitalexplr like this.

  6. #21
    Member Array RTTR84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canadian in America
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. I should have known better. It's not their fault. They just haven't discovered the SIG yet.

    Just kidding, Glock guys. Please do not plan an offensive on my house.
    I haven't discovered SIG but I have discovered HK ;)

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array multistage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    2,503
    And that's a dandy.

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,505
    I'm a fan of anything that works and is proven. I don't really know if Glock is better than x or y brand, but for some reason x and y pretty much copy and compare themselves to the Glock.

    I do know one thing, when I buy a tool, I choose it based on performance. I don't buy a skill saw based on how it fits my hand, nor do I buy a tractor based on how it fits my arse.
    The ergos of the Glock have not stopped me from adapting to it.

    Oh, but this is the age of the modern man, why should we put trivial things like functioning, reliability and reputation over comfort! Would anyone like a cup of " candified coffee" to go with their Danish roll?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  9. #24
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I'm a fan of anything that works and is proven. I don't really know if Glock is better than x or y brand, but for some reason x and y pretty much copy and compare themselves to the Glock.

    I do know one thing, when I buy a tool, I choose it based on performance. I don't buy a skill saw based on how it fits my hand, nor do I buy a tractor based on how it fits my arse.
    The ergos of the Glock have not stopped me from adapting to it.

    Oh, but this is the age of the modern man, why should we put trivial things like functioning, reliability and reputation over comfort! Would anyone like a cup of " candified coffee" to go with their Danish roll?
    When you can get "performance" out of a skill saw that fits your hand and a tractor that fits your arse you learn to appreciate a Sig.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,505
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    When you can get "performance" out of a skill saw that fits your hand and a tractor that fits your arse you learn to appreciate a Sig.
    I could care less about comfort, I want what works the best is my point. I can suffer through a few rounds during " range play" knowing that what I have in my hand to fight with works.
    Men seem to forget out their minor discomforts when the big S hits the fan.

    But each his own.
    Outer_Heaven likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  11. #26
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I'm a fan of anything that works and is proven. I don't really know if Glock is better than x or y brand, but for some reason x and y pretty much copy and compare themselves to the Glock.

    I do know one thing, when I buy a tool, I choose it based on performance. I don't buy a skill saw based on how it fits my hand, nor do I buy a tractor based on how it fits my arse.
    The ergos of the Glock have not stopped me from adapting to it.

    Oh, but this is the age of the modern man, why should we put trivial things like functioning, reliability and reputation over comfort! Would anyone like a cup of " candified coffee" to go with their Danish roll?
    How a tractor fits your arse and how a saw fits your hand aren't really applicable to the effect of handgun ergonomics on shootability for any given person. I like pistols that point naturally and are easy to hit with under stress for me. M&P pistols have an excellent reputation for reliability and functioning, as do Sig and HK pistols. I certainly wouldn't insult any of those fine pistol makes by comparing them with a company that used to make reliable pistols, but seems to have forgotten how to make recoil springs in their latest "improved" version.

    I find no need to "adapt" to an inferior product for my needs when perfectly good alternatives exist. As I sit here with my bagel and mocha latte, I have to wonder when compromise became "manly." But then I remind myself of the illogical mindset of the fanboy who thinks that everything is a copy of his favorite pistol, and don't fret the opinion of someone who can't tell tractor seats from sidearms.

    I wonder if Gaston ever gets tired of the lap dances.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  12. #27
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I could care less about comfort, I want what works the best is my point. I can suffer through a few rounds during " range play" knowing that what I have in my hand to fight with works.
    Men seem to forget out their minor discomforts when the big S hits the fan.

    But each his own.
    I understand your point, but if a man can have both performance and comfort he would be foolish to accept less.
    atctimmy and digitalexplr like this.

  13. #28
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    How a tractor fits your arse and how a saw fits your hand aren't really applicable to the effect of handgun ergonomics on shootability for any given person. I like pistols that point naturally and are easy to hit with under stress for me. M&P pistols have an excellent reputation for reliability and functioning, as do Sig and HK pistols. I certainly wouldn't insult any of those fine pistol makes by comparing them with a company that used to make reliable pistols, but seems to have forgotten how to make recoil springs in their latest "improved" version.

    I find no need to "adapt" to an inferior product for my needs when perfectly good alternatives exist. As I sit here with my bagel and mocha latte, I have to wonder when compromise became "manly." But then I remind myself of the illogical mindset of the fanboy who thinks that everything is a copy of his favorite pistol, and don't fret the opinion of someone who can't tell tractor seats from sidearms.

    I wonder if Gaston ever gets tired of the lap dances.
    Ok, I can see its "over your head time" here , must be the late hour. They do not compare in the litteral sense, it was an exercise in figurative speaking. I do not care what you like, or anyone likes. I am not disagreeing that there are many fine pistols out there. I never did.

    But buying a gun for solely for the reason that it feels good in your hand is stupid. I have never had or held a handgun that felt good in my hand until I got used to it. I have never shot a handgun that I couldnt shoot well.

    My point is this, if you like a certain brand because of features, looks, ect...I can understand the reasoning. But to say you like or dislike a certain handgun just because of the way it " feels" is silly.

    Talk about illogical! What could be more illogical than to call a certin product inferior just because you dont like the way it "feels"?
    I guess this must have struck a nerve with you, saying I dont know firearms from tractor seats. Must have been the age of the modern man thing, which I borrowed from Jeff Cooper.
    Yeah, this is purely an emotional response. Sorry about that.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  14. #29
    Senior Member Array AZ Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun, AZ
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    How a tractor fits your arse and how a saw fits your hand aren't really applicable to the effect of handgun ergonomics on shootability for any given person. I like pistols that point naturally and are easy to hit with under stress for me. M&P pistols have an excellent reputation for reliability and functioning, as do Sig and HK pistols. I certainly wouldn't insult any of those fine pistol makes by comparing them with a company that used to make reliable pistols, but seems to have forgotten how to make recoil springs in their latest "improved" version.

    I find no need to "adapt" to an inferior product for my needs when perfectly good alternatives exist. As I sit here with my bagel and mocha latte, I have to wonder when compromise became "manly." But then I remind myself of the illogical mindset of the fanboy who thinks that everything is a copy of his favorite pistol, and don't fret the opinion of someone who can't tell tractor seats from sidearms.

    I wonder if Gaston ever gets tired of the lap dances.
    I wonder if Gaston ever gets tired of the haters and the imitators...
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

    “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

  15. #30
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,919
    Have fun talking GLOCK Knuckle. Try hard to keep it civil and decently friendly.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

30274 ejector

,
30274 ejector glock
,
ejector 30274
,
exo g19
,

glock 19 ejector 30274

,
glock 19 gen 4 is rubbing on thumb
,
glock 30274
,

glock 30274 ejector

,

glock ejector 30274

,
glock ejector 336
,
glock extractor 90/0 early 9mm for gen 4
,

glock gen4 ejector 30274

,

glock knuckle

,
glock knuckle a reason not to buy
,
glock part 30274
Click on a term to search for related topics.