Sorry Glock guys...

This is a discussion on Sorry Glock guys... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been shooting a few years, and I think one thing that truly amazes me is the way people whine about a certain handgun, and ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sorry Glock guys...

I've been shooting a few years, and I think one thing that truly amazes me is the way people whine about a certain handgun, and immediately opt out for another model, long before they have mastered the one they have. Wake up call!!
    It ain't the gun.
    I would recommend to all that think a handgun has fit your hand like Michael Jackson's glove give pause to reflect on what you are saying. If you can only shoot guns that feel perfect in your hand.....what would you do in an emergency situation where your favorite tailor fitted handgun was not available, and you were forced to "GASP", shoot a gun you have never fired before and it felt really yucky to you? Perhaps your life, and the lives of someone near and dear to you depended on your ability to put rounds on target.....but gee, that grip angle sucked, and it felt so blocky in my hand, and gosh it didn't point naturally for me.......GAME OVER. You are all dead.

broaden your horizons a bit. There are a lot of good pistols out there. Master as many as you can and become really, really good with a couple whether its a Glock, and XD, a SIG, or an HK or even a Taurus......and quit blaming your crappy shooting on the gun. When I suck shooting IDPA or at the range, I have enough confidence in my pistols and my own ability that I'm the first to admit....IT WAS ALL ME.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Amen zonk!!
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I don't get "Glock knuckle" but I definitely get "Pinky pinch" from this damn short-gripped G30 (pinched between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag flange). Why couldn't they give it three finger grooves? I mean, it's practically the same size as a G19 anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping it. Not only is it a durable and highly reliable firearm, it's also the one I shoot best with.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I know im a wierdo but, i passed on the glocks because i didnt like the way it felt in my hand. Didnt feel balanced maybe it was all the plastic...doesnt mean i couldnt shoot one if my life depended on it just meant i wanted to spend my hard earned money on a pistol that was reliable as well as what i considered comfortable and well balanced. Call me crazy
    Philly Boy and helderberg like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I don't get "Glock knuckle" but I definitely get "Pinky pinch" from this damn short-gripped G30 (pinched between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag flange). Why couldn't they give it three finger grooves? I mean, it's practically the same size as a G19 anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping it. Not only is it a durable and highly reliable firearm, it's also the one I shoot best with.
    You may want to try a Peirce mag base plate. It does not really add length, but I find it more comfortable (and better looking) than the stocker. I got one for $10 when I picked up my G30. The sales guy talked me into it so I got 1 so I could compare it with the stick unit. To me, it just feels a bit better and I like that it looks like the rest of the front strap, i.e., integrated.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I can say this with certainty...you'll be back to Glock!
    gunsnroses and zonker1986 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I wonder if Gaston ever gets tired of the haters and the imitators...
    No, but he sure got tired of being innovative as he has not done squat for 25 years.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I can't think of any gun I have ever fired that I stopped shooting because of the way it might have skinned my hands, banged my knuckles, or ripped my hang nails. The S&W 340PD is one of the most uncomfortable guns I have ever fired, but I still ran 50 rounds through it to get a bit of practice with my buddies gun, in the event that it becomes the only one I can access in a time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Outer_Heaven View Post
    I can't think of any gun I have ever fired that I stopped shooting because of the way it might have skinned my hands, banged my knuckles, or ripped my hang nails. The S&W 340PD is one of the most uncomfortable guns I have ever fired, but I still ran 50 rounds through it to get a bit of practice with my buddies gun, in the event that it becomes the only one I can access in a time of need.
    I can think of one but still didn't stop me, an original design Walther PPK, pre S&W refresh.. where the slide comes back and can skin up in-between the thumb and index finger sucks, but its still too much fun to stop.

He's right guy's/girls,I grip so high on a 19/23,I will take a dremmel and releive under the trigger guard and it does'nt bother me,now I've shot so long that I have a calious on that part of my finger so it does'nt bother me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    It made me wonder too. So I did some research to see if I was the only guy to have that happen. The first knuckle from the hand on the middle finger of the firing hand gets squeezed VERY hard against the bottom of the trigger guard. Turns out I am not the only guy to have this issue (every other handgun I have owned or even shot didn't grind like this). Some wit named it "Glock knuckle", a term new to me. I figure it is a training issue if special training is required to correctly grip and fire a Glock. No other handgun I have ever held did that. Too bad. I really wanted to like that gun. Probably my small hands. Oh well. Another SIG will ease the pain. Go easy, Glock guys. Not calling your baby ugly at all. But flame if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I do know one thing, when I buy a tool, I choose it based on performance. I don't buy a skill saw based on how it fits my hand, nor do I buy a tractor based on how it fits my arse.
    The ergos of the Glock have not stopped me from adapting to it.

Oh, but this is the age of the modern man, why should we put trivial things like functioning, reliability and reputation over comfort! Would anyone like a cup of " candified coffee" to go with their Danish roll?
    ^^This

Actually, I should just have bolded the whole thing.

I sometimes get a little slide bite, or maybe a mag rash on occasion....but I know all those things are ME and not the gun. I have to train more with it. I not going to give up on it just because it gives me a "owie" every once in a while? It teaches me not to hold it that way?

Besides, I kinda like the ugly thing :)

For me it's not really about comfort in the hand. I just can't reach the trigger.

Kinda like buying a car that has non-adjustable seats. I wouldn't be able to push the clutch in.

The Glock is kinda like an amusement park ride; you gotta be this tall to ride

If the knuckle thing was the only problem that I encountered, I would definitely remedy that with the trusty Dremel.

Now, please excuse me while I procure some more non-candified, black, French roast coffee
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Wow, this thread is pretty lame. Shoot what you want to shoot and live how you want to live. This is America, after all.

As for me, I shoot Glocks.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    ... nor do I buy a tractor based on how it fits my arse.
    I just about sprayed coffee on that one. 'Got the mental image of Gman complaining about the arse fit while inspecting a tractor...

"Glock Knuckle" -

Ya'll are killing me. I'm loving this thread.

Never heard of this problem before, but I found the right site and learned something. My Dad used to say," You can learn something new every day." It's not a problem for me, but... .
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links