Sorry Glock guys... - Page 4

Sorry Glock guys...

This is a discussion on Sorry Glock guys... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 I just about sprayed coffee on that one. 'Got the mental image of Gman complaining about the arse fit while inspecting ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sorry Glock guys...

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I just about sprayed coffee on that one. 'Got the mental image of Gman complaining about the arse fit while inspecting a tractor...

"Glock Knuckle" -

Ya'll are killing me. I'm loving this thread.
    Lol, sometimes my analogy is not so good. But you know, forget the fact that its got weighted tires, 4 wheel drive, a bullet proof engine, cutting breaks , and universal attachments, and is priced right. If the darned seat doesnt feel " cushy ", Im moving on and buy one for several thousand dollars more that has a comfy seat.

If ya wanted feel real pain on the knuckle, shoot one of the ultra lightweight magnums. You'll need bandaids after a few rounds with those stupid things.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I don't get "Glock knuckle" but I definitely get "Pinky pinch" from this damn short-gripped G30 (pinched between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag flange). Why couldn't they give it three finger grooves? I mean, it's practically the same size as a G19 anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping it. Not only is it a durable and highly reliable firearm, it's also the one I shoot best with.
    The pinky pinch is your fault. There is nothing wrong with the pistol. It is a Glock, and any polymer frame pistol that came after it is an "imitation." You should have surgery on your hand to alleviate this "pinky pinch," which I've never heard of, so it must not exist.

Sent from my Gastonphone using Glockatalk
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    The pinky pinch is your fault. There is nothing wrong with the pistol. It is a Glock, and any polymer frame pistol that came after it is an "imitation." You should have surgery on your hand to alleviate this "pinky pinch," which I've never heard of, so it must not exist.
    There you go Jumpwing! Get plastic surgery on your shooting hand to cut away everything that is not necessary for a smooth draw and quick discharge.

Your fingers must bend the opposite way of most people.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Good luck concealing a 226 the same as you did that 19...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    No, but he sure got tired of being innovative as he has not done squat for 25 years.....
    While I agree there are some guns he could bring to market and keep and even bigger thumbhold on some of the market share they do have. Glock hasnt changed much because you really dont have to change the design of a screwdriver or a hammer. They work fine as they are and have for many years. Yes you can put a different handle on them or make them a different color but they still just turn screws and pound nails.

I dont think you ll ever see a dramatic physcial chnage in Glocks, but you dont need to. Maybe some single stack or grip lengths etc but why mess with it? Its still just metal and plastic used to launch a bullet out the barrel. If it works pretty much above the average in the reliability dept, then quit while you are ahead.

Yes JMB had a lot of designs because he was also interested in shotguns and rifles, but his crown jewel is the 1911 and it is pretty much the same gun as it was 100 years ago and nobody complains about it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

No, but he sure got tired of being innovative as he has not done squat for 25 years.....
    Sometimes it only takes one!
    NY27 likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Cool

If I shoot my G-23 with 180 grain rounds I get a little abrasion on the first joint of my trigger finger after the second or third magazine.

I like Latte's and cinnamon rolls with icing.

OS

P.S.

When I drove the International Harvester tractor pulling a bush hog for part time work years ago I had to bring my own pillow for the seat so my arse would not get sore by the end of the day.
    AZ Hawk likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    You gotta have MAN hands bud.

AOK
    I have a couple G23's. One Of them has been my EDC for over four years now. While I never experienced a pinch, I have a large sized calis near the middle fingers first joint. Best of luck with your new Sig!

I shoot my g-23 well, no problems, but my wife hates it. I had a Beretta PX4 that I hated and still haven't found a 1911 I like. To each his own. Maybe if you could shoot it from one of those fancy lazy-boy tractor seats you'd like it

The best thing Glock has done in 25 years is to give us the G37 and the 45 GAP...best glock ever! I am not a Glock hater or fanboy, but I agree they found a winning formula and haven't done much since. You got to give Glock credit though for being one of the few, if not the only manufacturer to make full size, compacts and sub-compacts in such a wide range of calibers.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If ya wanted feel real pain on the knuckle, shoot one of the ultra lightweight magnums. You'll need bandaids after a few rounds with those stupid things.
    I'm glad you said stupid. I feel exactly the same way. A friend of mine pocket carry's a 340PD. After 5 rounds of 357 out of that thing, I'm like no way could one ever get a 2nd and 3rd shot off on target in a reasonable amount of time when needed. YOU CRAZY! I see no point in 13 oz revolvers.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    I have a couple G23's. One Of them has been my EDC for over four years now. While I never experienced a pinch, I have a large sized calis near the middle fingers first joint. Best of luck with your new Sig!
    Interesting. I have a callus on the second joint of my middle finger, the one which rubs under the trigger guard. It only bothers me if I'm doing heavy training from a draw. I just throw on a piece of athletic tape and good to go!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I've never heard of such a problem either. But hey, you have the right to switch if you want. Personally, if not a Glock, and I wanted 10+ rounds, it would be the SA XD9sc or XDm9sc. For less rounds, Kahr PM9. Never was much for Sigs.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links