Sorry Glock guys...

This is a discussion on Sorry Glock guys... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by multistage It made me wonder too. So I did some research to see if I was the only guy to have that ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sorry Glock guys...

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    It made me wonder too. So I did some research to see if I was the only guy to have that happen. The first knuckle from the hand on the middle finger of the firing hand gets squeezed VERY hard against the bottom of the trigger guard. Turns out I am not the only guy to have this issue (every other handgun I have owned or even shot didn't grind like this). Some wit named it "Glock knuckle", a term new to me. I figure it is a training issue if special training is required to correctly grip and fire a Glock. No other handgun I have ever held did that. Too bad. I really wanted to like that gun. Probably my small hands. Oh well. Another SIG will ease the pain. Go easy, Glock guys. Not calling your baby ugly at all. But flame if you must.
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! Count me among those that suffered from Glock Knuckle. My solution was to take a dremel to my G23 where the trigger guard meets the front of the grip. I smoothed and changed the geometry of the point where they meet. Had to take a good bit of plastic off to get it to where it wasn't tearing up my knuckle. So I completely see why you would get rid of yours. Don't feel bad about it, carry and shoot what works best for you and what is comfortable. if it isn't comfortable for you, you will not shoot it well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Thanks C Hawk, I appreciate it. Looks like I'm fortunate, having old style extractors and ejectors in both.

BTW, I don't think your being a jerk, good information is just that, information. Some won't like to hear it, and I'm sure they'll consider it bashing.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    OD,

My new one has 30274, take a look at the video in my previous post. The new one has a twist and looks squared off and not pointed like the Gen 3's. Here is another link in which people are talking about the new one as well. Switching over to extractors, I have been told that Glock has had a rash of out of spec extractors for Gen 4's and the newly manufactured Gen 3's. The the second link I provided has a great write up.

I honestly hope that some of you guys will see why I have had my opinions and not think I am bashing Glock just to be a jerk. This is based on facts not just some preference. To come out with a firearm that is known for rock solid reliability and have three major issues is just a travesty.

New 30274 Ejector!

Gen4 G19 experiment -- Lone Wolf extractor - Glock Talk
    I cant argue with your rational, but hey, they tried to do something different, and somebody fell asleep at the wheel. It has happened to the best of them. My confidence has not waned at all because of this. The best of the best, Colt, S&W, and Sig have all had their issues in the past. It just comes with the territory. All I have ever had or desire to have are Gen 3s anyway, and have never had an issue. Im sure they will get it resolved, and be right back on top, after they recover from a little blemish on an other wise steller reputation.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I cant argue with your rational, but hey, they tried to do something different, and somebody fell asleep at the wheel. It has happened to the best of them. My confidence has not waned at all because of this. The best of the best, Colt, S&W, and Sig have all had their issues in the past. It just comes with the territory. All I have ever had or desire to have are Gen 3s anyway, and have never had an issue. Im sure they will get it resolved, and be right back on top, after they recover from a little blemish on an other wise steller reputation.
    I totally agree with you. Every now and then they all come out with stinkers. Even my beloved Colt came out with the Colt 2000... haha
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

OD*
    So, should the very early Gen4s be referred to as Gen3.5?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    To jump in with an interesting tidbit...3 out of 6 of my LGS's refuse to carry the Gen 4's. While I am a fan of Glock's and have one myself, I find this interesting.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I really tried to like the 19 I got a few weeks ago. But the darn thing really tore up my knuckle. This was just drawing and aiming. So, away it went. Make way for a new 226.......

I got a friend that purchased a G19 also and ended up selling it to go back to another Springfield 9mm. Glocks are not for everyone, that is why we have choices. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I don't get "Glock knuckle" but I definitely get "Pinky pinch" from this damn short-gripped G30 (pinched between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag flange). Why couldn't they give it three finger grooves? I mean, it's practically the same size as a G19 anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping it. Not only is it a durable and highly reliable firearm, it's also the one I shoot best with.
    I have to shoot my g27 at least once a month to help soften up my man calluses and leather like hands so as I can hold my wifes' hand without her complaining about my lizard skin
    ironmike86 likes this.

What? a Glock tearing up your fingers, unheard of!!!!!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

My Glock 19 gen4 really was so bad at jamming I sold it after calling Glock 3 times and still no recoil spring, and now the problem all along was probably the extractor. Glock really messed up on the gen 4, right now I do not own any Glocks and I have no plans of buying any more.

Hope you're not picking up a new P226

Then you just dropped a reliable gun with ergo issues to a less reliable gun with no ergo issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    My Glock 19 gen4 really was so bad at jamming I sold it after calling Glock 3 times and still no recoil spring, and now the problem all along was probably the extractor. Glock really messed up on the gen 4, right now I do not own any Glocks and I have no plans of buying any more.
    Don't give up on Glock's so quickly. The gen4 is kinda like the "Vista" of the Windows family.

Everyone loved XP so much and heard that Vista had problems, no one would buy a new machine with Vista on it. They quickly came out with 7 and are back on top again. I myself still use XP. I have to be forced into change.

So the answer is to just buy Gen3 Glocks until they fix the problem. There are plenty of them out there.
    AZ Hawk likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post

Then you just dropped a reliable gun with ergo issues to a less reliable gun with no ergo issues.
    Are you saying that Sig P226's are not reliable? Are you kidding me?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have a 19 and have the exact same problem. Its a Gen4 thing I think. Just gripping hurts the knuckle of my middle finger. Its just the way they designed the trigger guard. I have just conditioned myself to kind of deal with it. As to the people who think this does not exist you do realize google is your friend and a mind is a terrible thing to waste

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post

How does that old saying go? "better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove the point".

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links