Sorry Glock guys... - Page 8

Sorry Glock guys...

This is a discussion on Sorry Glock guys... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 Hope you're not picking up a new P226 Then you just dropped a reliable gun with ergo issues to a ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sorry Glock guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post
    Hope you're not picking up a new P226

Then you just dropped a reliable gun with ergo issues to a less reliable gun with no ergo issues.
    You're kidding, right? Here is the real reliability question, the one I haven't heard from any of Gaston's Groupies. What is more likely to perform, the gun (of any make), or the wingnut running it? With the exception of a very few on this forum (and I sure ain't one of 'em), most of us have no combat experience, and those of us with a brain don't want any. Now, LEO's and those in the service may have that experience, and all hats are off to them. But to say a Glock is more reliable than a SIG? Or a SIG is more reliable than a Glock? Or anything else? I find it highly suspect that more than 1% of folks on this or any forum have been in enough firefights to pass judgement on more than one brand of firearm, and that one brand is the one they carry and prefer and have been forced to use. A VERY few may be knowledgeable on a few brands. But most of us cannot say with absolute certainty that "ours" will work 'cause it's the best but "yours" will not, since it is not "ours". So love and endorse what you will, and look down your nose at whatever you want, but chances are (certain groups excluded) you don't know that your X brand of gun is going to perform any better or worse than somebody else's Y brand. I'm more concerned about how I would perform if the wheels come off. Think about it. Who would you rather face, a fledgling rookie gangsta with a Glock or Sig, or a highly trained, professional operator with a Hi Point ( or even a pocketknife)? Bottom line is this: your preferred weapon is most likely worthy, and so is mine. But are we worthy of those weapons? Or will the malfunction in combat be ours? Most likely we would screw up before a SIG, Glock, or just about anything else.

I do grow tired of "Regular Rambos". Maybe some day I will have slain legions of evildoers like they have. Then I, too, can speak with absolute authority. Or I can just pretend.

You will do good with the 226 as I have a 228 and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Don't give up on Glock's so quickly. The gen4 is kinda like the "Vista" of the Windows family.

Everyone loved XP so much and heard that Vista had problems, no one would buy a new machine with Vista on it. They quickly came out with 7 and are back on top again. I myself still use XP. I have to be forced into change.

So the answer is to just buy Gen3 Glocks until they fix the problem. There are plenty of them out there.
    That's an excellent analogy, and I wholeheartedly agree!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    There's not only plenty of Gen3s around but you can still buy them new...they haven't stopped making them yet....unless they've only done so very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    There's not only plenty of Gen3s around but you can still buy them new...they haven't stopped making them yet....unless they've only done so very recently.
    They are going to continue manufacturing Gen 3 Glocks until 2015.

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I own and shoot Glocks and many handguns with 1911 style grip angles and have never had issue with either, so this is hard for me to understand. I always have thought the issue was really in peoples heads, a mental thing, but maybe its a ergonomic thing and the way their hands naturally grip the gun. I just grip it and shoot and never had an issue be it a Glock or any other handgun.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    They are going to continue manufacturing Gen 3 Glocks until 2015.
    Not trying to be a smart "A" but how do you know this? Where is this posted?

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Not trying to be a smart "A" but how do you know this? Where is this posted?
    No problem, I should have posted my source earlier.

Nutnfancy was at SHOT Show this year and asked one of the Glock reps about it. The Glock rep told him they are continuing to manufacture Gen 3 Glocks for five more years.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    No problem, I should have posted my source earlier.

Nutnfancy was at SHOT Show this year and asked one of the Glock reps about it. The Glock rep told him they are continuing to manufacture Gen 3 Glocks for five more years.
    Gotcha. I think that's the same one I saw but I forgot about that section of the video. Good call.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links