Kimber FTF issues after spring change

This is a discussion on Kimber FTF issues after spring change within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently acquired a used Eclipse Pro II. I took it out and ran 100 rds thru it with the stock mag and a Wilson ...

Thread: Kimber FTF issues after spring change

Kimber FTF issues after spring change

I recently acquired a used Eclipse Pro II. I took it out and ran 100 rds thru it with the stock mag and a Wilson Combat. I had 3 minor FTF on the stock mag and no issues with the Wilson. Because I got the gun used I ordered the Wolff XP spring kit for it and installed. I took it out tonight (first time since spring change) and i cant get thru a single mag without at least one FTF. The only thing that changed since the last range trip is the springs so it seems to reason that has to be the issue but i thought those springs were supposed to be an upgrade. Anyone else have this issue and is there some other reason explanation the pistol would all of a sudden be a jam-o-matic? i really like the look and accuracy of it so I'd like to make it reliable if possible.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Just to be clear, what springs did you replace?

Administrator
    What Failure To Function are you having? A failure to feed or a failure to eject?
    A failure to eject for sure can be due to a recoil spring that's too strong for the ammunition that you're using.

And if your recoil spring is too strong then it sure can also affect and mess up the feed cycle timing resulting in a failure to feed.

Adding an extra power recoil spring is not always an upgrade if your pistol is already functioning perfectly w/ the factory weight spring.

Just buy a replacement standard factory weight spring.

Links