Walther Pricing

Walther Pricing

This is a discussion on Walther Pricing within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's that time of year for manufactures to change prices. This year is slightly different. There have been quite a few promotions this season. In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Walther Pricing

VIP Member

Thumbs up Walther Pricing

It's that time of year for manufactures to change prices.

This year is slightly different. There have been quite a few promotions this season. In general, there have been about an equal amount of price reductions as there are price increases...So Far.

Walther just announced a fairly significant Price Decrease of 15% on PPQ and PPS models. Your dealer may or may not pass the savings along to you. My stores will, effective immediately.

The is a nominal price increase on some Walther accessories od between 1-3%.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Hmmm nice. Now that Walther PPS looks even more within reach !!! God Bless

Yep. Buds has PPQ's and PPS's for $503 right now......down a bunch. Not sure if its a permanent drop, but maybe Walther has discovered that selling a pistol like the PPQ for $650 against the competition
    such as a Glock, M&P, or XD that you can get anywhere for around $450-500 just is not a good strategy. PPS have always been overpriced, and IMO the reason that they are not really a mainstream CCW pistol. I have a PPS and it is a great pistol, but I got mine for $400 used, or I would not own one.

may have to consider the PPQ more seriously now. Thanks Walther.....you guys are paying attention.
    Foo909 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm glad prices have dropped.

HOWEVER, knowing what I know about the PPQ, If mine disappeared, and they cost $1,000 to replace, I'd have another one as soon as I could order it!

I have many guns that I wouldn't pay half of what I paid to replace them. The PPQ is in a class by itself!
    IndyCCW, Ramjet and Dandyone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Yep. Buds has PPQ's and PPS's for $503 right now......down a bunch. Not sure if its a permanent drop, but maybe Walther has discovered that selling a pistol like the PPQ for $650 against the competition
    such as a Glock, M&P, or XD that you can get anywhere for around $450-500 just is not a good strategy. PPS have always been overpriced, and IMO the reason that they are not really a mainstream CCW pistol. I have a PPS and it is a great pistol, but I got mine for $400 used, or I would not own one.

may have to consider the PPQ more seriously now. Thanks Walther.....you guys are paying attention.
    The price was one of the reasons I ruled out a PPS when I was in the market for a new CCW. I remember looking at the price and thinking to myself "Wow, they are pretty proud of that thing..."
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The price was one of the reasons I ruled out a PPS when I was in the market for a new CCW. I remember looking at the price and thinking to myself "Wow, they are pretty proud of that thing..."
    Yeah, sadly I paid full retail for mine almost two years ago because I fell in love with it. What can I say, I'd gladly do it again if I had to...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I think I paid about $600.00 for my 9mm PPS with two magazines about two years ago. It's been a top tier pistol -- accurate and uber reliable.

I've got no regrets, it's been worth every penny.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

My PPQ and PPS are by far the best pistols I have ever owned or shot. Definitely worth their cost and would even pay more if I had to, to replace them. They are in a class by themselves....if you have not shot either, you have no idea what you are missing. I suggest you don't, because you will start withdrawals when you put them down....especially tie PPQ.

Just picked up a PPQ yesterday. Man what an amazing trigger and grip. I'm in love with this thing.

I WILL own a PPQ in the near future. I can't speak to reliability which is the most important thing for any handgun, but I will definitely say that it has THE BEST trigger, controls (mag release, slide release, takedown lever), and ergonomics of any handgun I've ever fondled. My only wish is that they would make Crimson Trace Lasergrips/Laserguards for the PPQ. I'll jump on that the second they're released. As for the price point, I feel the gun is even more attractive at it's ~$525 price point compared to what you'd usually pay for a German piece.

God Bless

VIP Member
    Worth a quick update on Walther -

Summer is a good time to buy just about any firearm except in an election year. Pistols and even some revolvers are in short supply. NSSF reports handgun sales from Jan - Apr were up 38% over the previous quarter which also saw record holiday firearm sales.

Walther remains a good buy. Prices for the PPS and PPQ in 9mm or .40S&W are steady, where available. The street price right now for either a PPS or PPQ is $525.00 or less. My price for example is $508.00. We sell 4 times more 9mm than .40S&W.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Love the PPQ I have mine on my IWB as Imtype this ran 300 rounds through it this weekend. I wish they would make a 45.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor44 View Post
    I'm glad prices have dropped.

HOWEVER, knowing what I know about the PPQ, If mine disappeared, and they cost $1,000 to replace, I'd have another one as soon as I could order it!

I have many guns that I wouldn't pay half of what I paid to replace them. The PPQ is in a class by itself!
    Agreed! In fact, I was just at the range last night, and one guy was at the rental counter working his way through 9's looking for something to purchase. I suggested that he take the PPQ out, which he did. I didn't see him again... BUT, when I was leaving, another customer was doing the same 9mm test with his GF. I told him that he should wait for the PPQ to come back. I walked to my car, and got an email that I had to respond to.

With time on my hands, I figured there was no harm in finding the guy and his gal and letting them shoot the Q while I tapped out an email.

He was clearly a beginner (judging by the teacup grip and questions he was asking at the counter), but he took five measured shots with all falling in a 2.5 inch group (at maybe 5 or 6 yards). This was a significant improvement over the other targets that he had already worked through.

I bet the LGS has one fewer PPQ today ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Love the PPQ I have mine on my IWB as Imtype this ran 300 rounds through it this weekend. I wish they would make a 45.
    Amen to that! I'd already have it if it did!! I'll still prob get one in 9mm.

God Bless

VIP Member
    PPS is on my list of: to purchase someday. Looks like it is getting closer to someday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links